Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingGrade-Schooler · 9 years ago

Is it bad parenting to allow your 7 year old son to...?

...dress up as Michael Jackson on Halloween?

I mean, it would certainly be a scary image to see a former African-American with dynamite talent, reduced to a plastic surgery failure that involves the sagging of facial parts into falling off the face. It would be the skeletal features that send the other kids in the neighborhood running in fear, right?

But would I be a bad dad allowing my son to dress as this defiler of young boys?

Favorite Answer

Oh ACE...you're a disgrace to parenting for waayy more reasons than that!!

Hi, I personally wanted to breastfeed my daughter which is now 2.5 but things didn't work out and we ended up using formula. Now my friend breast fed her son until he was 2.5 and if she hadn't gotten pregnant i think she would still be doing it. Of course the feedings are not that many but she continued to do it at least every morning. .As far as i can remember my friend breastfeeding schedule was definitely nursing in the morning and at night, this is after the infant and beyond started solids. And once or twice in the midday. After he got a little older i think she kept the feeding to two a day. I remember sometimes he would ask her for milk while he was playing or while she was over my house but she would refuse at some points. Now as far as your concern goes you will get strange looks and comments the longer that you breast feed, but if it makes you and your child comfortable, and you have no problem doing it then keep doing it. You will expect people telling you why are you still breast feeding, and things like this, and its done its job, and the baby doest need any more breast milk. and of course if you ask you will get different answers from everyone either the ones that are for it, or the ones that are against it. I say just do what makes you happy and when the time comes you will know when its time to wean. No book, doctor, familymemberr, or stranger can tell you when its time to stop or if its ok to stop or that you should stop. Good luck on your choice and keep it up. Im going for baby number two in 4 days i plan to breast feed hopefully this time it will go well, and i plan to breast feed as long as i can keep it up. I guess my body will know when its time i will just listen to my motherly instinct!!!!! :-)

A friend of mine let her daughter dress as Paris Hilton one halloween, she didn't understand why her sister who went as a cat got over double the amount of candy... I say go for it however if you for the scary Michael Jackson look (nose falling off) or you could bring back the good ole days and put him in a half burnt wig. Humor or gore, just make sure he doesn't ask little boys to sleep over that night and keeps his hands from his crotch and you are good.

No your not. Your child is just that, a child. He like MJ because he was a talented musician not because of the media hoopla. Just make it tasteful( no crotch grabbing) and no one should have a problem with it. Heck make it a learning experience by showing him all his different costume types and the music that is associated with each genre of his career.

Seems too weird to me. I mean I see the humor in it..the one glove, the " Bedazzled" athletic supporter and cup worn on the outside of his pants etc, etc. But how will you make you son's face white?

Let him play there is no harm

I don't think your son sees him as a defiler of young boys. lighten up

My friend lets her 5 year old dress as MJ...and watch his videos...and sing and dance like him...everyday...and she's posted pics and videos on FB.

No worse then the 14 year old priest we've got coming out of this house.

since he is 7 let him dress up as the kid MJ

well,it is suspected that janet arviso is a cousin of the wendy's chili finger lady,so you can';t say Michael was guilry in the 1st place.maybe he can go as the wendys lady

You could let him go as Joran Van der Sloot and have him offer to reveal where the body is in exchange for candy when he trick or treats.

Source(s): *I'm evil