Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicCelebrities · 9 years ago

Did MTV destroy the music industry?

In my opinion, yes. as soon as it became a factor what you looked like, music went downhill, cause the need for talent faded, just look at today, talent has nothing to do with being successful, its all about image. BUT before MTV, it literally was all about the music.. for shame mtv

Favorite Answer

In a way, yes, But its not the only reason music is destroyed.

The main reason music is destroyed is because everyone now depends on technology to make their music and voices sound "good", which is a load of crap. Artists these days dont have true talent, and their only in it for the money. Back in the day, artists didnt let money stand in their way, they always delivered 110%, and actually cared about their music and their fans. Nowadays artists just make songs, depend on their way too sexual videos and music to attract people, make a buck and call it a day. God I miss the old days...

Back in the day, music not only had quantitiy, but it also came with quality. Nowadays, it's neither and it makes me sick.

@Camille: Sorry to dissapoint you, hun, but music is crap nowdays. Yes, music changes, and its been changing extensively since the 60's. But those changes were fine, until we came into the mid 2000's. And I understand that this generation of music is what your most familiar with, so I dont want to offend you. But if you actually compared the oldies to the crappy music these days, you wouuld understand just how horrible music is nowadays.

@Camille I see where you could get that from, but music just isnt how it's suppposed to be. Back in the day, we didnt need to warn our children of what music they can or cannot listen to, but nowadays we do. And thats one of the many reasons why music is crap as well. But im not gonna get into it. You have your opinions, and I cant do anything about it. So, yeah. BTW, im not Mari C.

Hmmm...I can't say that it was MTV. Michael Jackson was a big part of MTV. I think that the industry is destroying itself because they are the ones putting out things with no quality, just to make an easy buck. MTV displays what's hot in the world at the moment. MTV is a generation station. They only show what's popular in present day.

No. One, because MTV hasn't done anything wrong. They show the music videos of who's popular and who appeals to the masses. They are mass media, they try to make the majority of people happy. Two, music isn't destroyed and its sooooo annoying when people say it is. Music CHANGES. Its not the 80's anymore honey, sorry. We have to move on. Becoming a successful singer today IS about talent as well as image. Its always been like that you act like that's something new. Elvis had the rebel image. Beatle's image was to promote peace. Music is fine the way it is and if you don't like it, don't listen. It ain't that tough boo.

@Mari *Rose, I disagree. I don't think today's music as a whole is crappy. There are some pretty shitty artist nowadays, but there's a lot of good ones too. There were bad artists in every generation. I've given oldies a listen and I don't perfer it over todays music. I like disco and 90's rap and that's about it. Also, I don't think using electronics makes todays music worse, its just a new way of doing things.

Oh, sorry. I was thinkin to myself not to write Mari C and I did it anyway.

• kro

MTV only shows music videos in the early morning now.

I don't think it did, but music has went downhill. You don't even have to be talented to be a star, they mostly go for looks nowadays.

Being more concerned about profit than true art is the biggest flaw of modern music.

• haven

If your in music dont cheer for Jersey Shore. there the reason you videos arent getting played! lol

MTV built it up and now they're knockin' it down.

I agree cause in my opinion eminem is ****

no