If i buy a game from steam for mac can i also use it on my windows pc?

I want to buy buy portal for steam but i have a mac laptop (OSX 10.6.4) and i am going to get win 7 for my pc. if i buy it will the purchase be a cross platform purchase or can i only use it on one platform (mac or windows)?

Favorite Answer

Yes all you need is your Steam account. You just have to re-download or create a backup in Steam and then transfer it over to your new desktop.

Cheers!

• Dr.No

yes. once you buy a steam game on your account, you can log into any computer and download the game. with steam cloud, you can even transfer the game data as well so you don't have to start over on a new computer.

keep in mind no one else can play it unless they are signed onto your account.

if its a sport for homestead windows its no longer gonna artwork on mac, its like attempting to play a PS3 sport on a XBOX it wont artwork, it would desire to be the smallest sport interior the international, if its geared up for homestead windows it wont artwork for mac

Yes you can.