IS THERE A PC TO TV GURU OUT THERE? i need some help the image on my tv is not bright anough?

i purchase a S-Video cable + Composite AV cable in order to view pc movies on my tv.

it works perfectly....i do this by using the extend feature on my windows 7 laptop.

the problem is that the images appear a litle dark and fuggy on my TV.

if i up the brightnes on my tv ....then the image looks flat and blury

i have a few questions:

1) is this normal?

2) is there something else i can purchase out there that may up the resolution?

3)would the image be better if i purchase a VGA cable?

4) i notice that i can find some converter boxes online....for like 80 to 100 $

5) i dont want to spend that kind of money. any tips?

Favorite Answer

Buy a VGA cable, and you'll be amazed at the difference.

• ?

You might need to change the resolution on your pc as your tv probably can't display the higher resolution. S-video is also much lower quality than you would get on a pc monitor anyway.

Also try checking the TVs settings to see if it is set up to receive AV through the composite or S-video, it may be set to default scart.

Yes it probably would be better if you had a VGA cable but it depends on the TV, if the TV doesn't have a VGA input directly then it would make no difference. If you have an HDMI output on your PC and an input on your TV then that will be by far the best. If your TV is only AV then you will always get a worse image than on your PC.

It sounds like you need to tweak your display settings to me, If you have a Geforce graphics card, use the Nvidia control panel on your PC to play around with the options on the video output to TV.

The best answer is using a HDMI cable if your computer and TV are so equipped, and adjust your PC's video and sound settings to HDMI. If using an older TV, the TV probably cannot handle your PC's resolutions and there is nothing you can do. Time for a new TV.

S-video is the worst option you can use to carry video. Hence the issues...

Use this guide to answer all your other questions:

http://www.flatpaneltvinfo.com/connect_any_video_d...