iPod Touch Recovery Mode Help (2G/8GB): Error 21?

Ok my iPod has been never jailbroken, iTunes is updated, and the iPod software is updated. However, i noticed my iPod was off one night and now it wont even turn on. When I plug it into my computer, iTunes pops up and a message says: "iTunes has detected an iPod in recovery mode. You must restore this iPod before it can be used with iTunes"..(then iPod is just a blank screen at this point..just black)...So I click the restore button and it goes through the usual restore process. Then all of a sudden a message pops up saying: "The iPod could not be restored. An unknown error occured (21)"(now my iPod just shows a blank screen and it disappears from iTunes. I have tried the DFU mode and when I do it the iPod goes black and reconnects with iTunes. Then I go through the steps again. I have been through this process numerous times. Please Help

Favorite Answer

Please download a software called TinyUmbrella from http://thefirmwareumbrella.blogspot.com/

Unplug your iPod then open TinyUmbrella then plug your iPod, a little while you will see a button called "Kick device out of recovery mode" click that button and everything should be fine :)

Source(s): Personal Experience

Ipod Restore Error 21