Windows(xp) could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt : WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\SYSTEM...

I'm having a fujitsu laptop,it was all fine till today when I start my laptop after school, I got the following Message "Windows(xp) could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt : WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\SYSTEM". I search online for solution and most required me to use... show more I'm having a fujitsu laptop,it was all fine till today when I start my laptop after school, I got the following Message "Windows(xp) could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt : WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\SYSTEM". I search online for solution and most required me to use the windows setup disk. But the problem is, my windows is pre-installed, all I have was the recovery disk that is provided by fujitsu. But I have a very imp file that I saved in c drive that I really need it! Any idea how I can retrieve the file? Would i be able to retrieve the file if I were to reformat my laptop?
6 answers 6