"Every time you have sex, it essentially gives part of your "soul" to that person." Agree/Disagree & why?

Best Answer

Super agree. we are spiritual beings and there is a such thing as soul ties

Every cause has an effect. If you have sex, you will more then likely get pregnant. (Even with the evils of "the pill", you still can be with child). I am Catholic, I am Pro-Life, I know and love (not sexual, but love from the heart) many people who have had an abortion. It is neither up to me nor any pro-life person to judge anyone, but if they truly love you, they will warn you when you are about to sin. True love wants what is best for the other. Our messed up secular society is so far from God and His love that most people see kids has a punishment, a truly religious person sees kids for what they truly are, a blessing from God. The Bible says that through motherhood you can be brought closer to God. Know God and know happiness. If you know anyone who is pregnant, abortion will not solve the problems, it just adds to it. Scientific studies prove that abortion can lead to cancer and there is such a thing as post abortion depression syndrome. (Forgive me, I know I have the name wrong, but that’s close.) If a pregnant lady cannot take care of the child, I know of several couples who cannot have children and would love to adopt a baby. Having a baby is not a punishment, nor do any pro-life people that I know, would say it is a punishment. Babies are a blessing. Abortion leaves one dead & one wounded, if you must choose, “choose life”. Deuteronomy 30: 19 - I call heaven and earth today to witness against you: I have set before you life and death, the blessing and the curse. Choose life, then, that you and your descendants may live. (I will pray for you.)

Agree. 1 Corinthians 6: 15 - 20, Proverbs 6: 32 -35 in your Bible. Proverbs Chapter 5

Soul ties. Who can end the soul ties? Ephesians 3: 20 - 21.

Disagree. Although i do believe sex with the one you love can be a very spiritual experience, I don't believe you give any part of your soul to anyone you have sex with. Maybe you give them a part of your essence, but not your soul.

Sex And Soul

Absolutely agree.

Essentially there are two types of sex, and it is true for both.

#1. The intimate type of sex, "making love" with a spouse or partner whom you love and care for. You give a part of yourself that is very intimate, passionate, and special. You "SHARE" something intangible and unspoken that crosses a physical barrier. Thus a large part of your "soul" is exchanged and shared.

(For those of you that have been fortunate enough to experience this full-filling type of sexual interchange you know what I am talking about.)

#2. The other type of sex is very one-sided, physical, and selfish in nature. Almost categorized more as self-serving exercise, than love making. Having sex with someone whom you do not care about beyond their physical attributes. The "one night stand" comes to mind with this type of sex.

However, a small part of ones soul is still given to the chosen sex partner, whom in most cases does not recognize or care about that gift.

Here you have "spent" a tiny part of your soul in exchange for a brief physical pleasure. The small part of your partners soul that is given to you evaporates like water on a hot skillet. A "flash in the pan" Then you have your pants on and are out the door.

Many years later after practicing this type of sexual encounter, the person will complain about feeling "empty" or emotionally "hollow" inside.

Sadly, more men than women find this type of sex more exciting, and satisfying than the first type.

*

Source(s): 23 years of marriage and 27 years of experience with both types.

Hmm, thinking back to the ones before my husband I would have to say absolutely no. Now with my husband most definitely true.

Not that I ever just had sex to have it because I didn't. It was just different. I was too young to know what my soul was and also sad but true to say as a woman it takes a lot to "feel comfortable" with someone to just let them into your heart and soul. It is not that I did not enjoy it but it was all just a learning process going on in myself. Learning the ropes so to speak.

I also was not (in love) with the few before my husband. And to give your soul, you give love with it. I was close to deep feelings for one of them but it was too short lived to really even remember any details of it, I just remember more a closeness but it was not because of the sex. Strange? Maybe.

But true now I know and am far more comfortable with my husband I can be totally myself and allow complete openness with him. I have never had that with not one other person. So they definitely don't have a part of my soul.

Since the sex act was created by God, as were our souls, if you want the authority on your question, consult the Bible. If you want haphazard answers based on the various experiences of people who have no foundation for what they believe other than their own flawed thoughts, feelings and experiences, then keep reading.

Naw! Sex is not swapping your spiritual soul for a good time. Sex is just a physical act of enjoyment---giving and taking an experience with one another. If one feels as if they are 'giving up their soul"---they are possibly not enjoying the act and are too immature/inexperienced to see anything else.

Yes, sex...especially good sex...is a SHARING, but not a SURRENDER. That sounds like a sex novel, where the woman shifts all responsibility to her man to make sure she enjoys the act. She surrenders by just being there....letting him do his business. Give me a break. Even some 18 year old have some umph in the boudoir...some boldness.

Dis-agree... Having sex is for getting a nut or an orgasm...

Making love is where the two of yo are able to become one is complete and understanding surrender. It is this union that defines both the man and the woman on levels we have not yet explored. The trust, the love, the pleasure that is shared is beyond compare...