They repo my car .. Can they garnish my wages?? is this true?

Ok its been a year that we voluntary took the car back (repo) because we couldnt pay it.. They have sent me the letters saying "If Im going to make certain payments" and when I want to start paying.. At least 4 letters in the whole yr Of course I have not respond back Now I got a call the lady... show more Ok its been a year that we voluntary took the car back (repo) because we couldnt pay it..

They have sent me the letters saying "If Im going to make certain payments" and when I want to start paying.. At least 4 letters in the whole yr Of course I have not respond back

Now I got a call the lady wanted to make me a comftorble payment every month i said " i dont know because we dont have money" of course she started to intimidate me asking WELL U WORK!

Of course she said if you dont pay Nissan will take charge of how u make your payments..

Questions:

1. If they sued me what happens? Do I go to jail cux i cant pay?

2. Can they garnish my wages of every pay check i get? I heard this trough rumors but a lot people say they cant do that because they are not the government.

3. Whats the worse that can happen?
Update: CALIFORNIA