Why are neocons always so critical of Obamacare?
If you listened to a conservative explain what Obamacare is, you would think President Obama's sole purpose in life was to kill American citizens! Have they become so brainwashed by Fox News that they cannot even understand what the bill is?
Think about it like this -- why would President Obama propose a health care plan that was designed to harm Americans? He isn't going to be President forever. After he leaves office he will be enjoying the same benefits of Obamacare as everyone else. Likewise, all the congressmen/women and Senators will not be congressmen/women forever and they too will be users of Obamacare. No one in their right mind would build a weak bridge that they will be using later.
Free health care is a right that every person in America deserves (anyone means ANYONE including so called illegal immigrants) When will the fear mongering from the right end? Will they EVER be able to let their racism die?
- BillLv 710 years agoFavorite Answer
I'd like to be a liberal because it's ever so much easier to allow others to form my opinions for me instead of researching an issue myself. That always gets me in trouble, especially when the facts I discover diverge from the latest politically correct consensus.
Obama’s crowing about his health care debacle shows how totally out of touch he is with the American people. Polls show that 56 percent of likely voters believe that ObamaCare is bad for the United States and 71 percent think the health care law will hurt the economy.
The facts speak for themselves, here are the top ten failures of ObamaCare after only six months:
1. Premiums Have Gone Up: Obama promised that families will pay less for their healthcare premiums under his plan. Quite the opposite has happened. Insurance companies are making double-digit rate increases to consumer premiums in anticipation of the cost of new mandates by ObamaCare.
The estimated premiums rate increase for consumers is between 1% and 9%, a direct impact from the new regulations.
2. You Can’t Keep Your Current Plan And Doctor: Businesses will be forced to change their employees’ healthcare plans in order to meet the new regulations. An estimated 69% of businesses will be forced to change their plans, forcing countless millions of Americans to change plans and doctors.
3. National Budget Deficit Is Worse: Sixty-one percent (61%) of all voters nationwide say the healthcare law will increase the federal deficit.
4. More Children Are Uninsured: Anthem Blue Cross, Aetna Inc. and other insurance agencies are dropping child-only policies, citing huge, unexpected costs from ObamaCare.
An estimated half a million children in the United States will be affected by the policies.
5. Small Business Taxes Increased: Small businesses—the engine of the U.S. economy—are suffering from increased tax filing regulations and anticipated healthcare mandates. Over 40 million small businesses will be required to file new tax reports for health care. The tax credit for the regulations only covers one-tenth of these business’s losses.
6. Small Businesses Health Care Burden Increased: Almost half of all smaller employers are anticipating “significant increases in healthcare costs in the short term.” These business owners are likely to cut back on hiring and expansion because they fear a new healthcare burden.
7. More Government Spending: The Congressional Budget Office has already adjusted the cost for ObamaCare since it passed, adding another $115 billion to the taxpayer’s tab. The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services has adjusted upwards its cost prediction since the bill took effect from 6.1% per year to 6.3%. By 2019, U.S. spending on health care will reach $4.6 trillion.
8. Senior Citizens Suffer from Medicare Cuts: The Medicare Advantage program which covers nearly a quarter of seniors will cut plans from $3-$5,000 per beneficiary. Doctors are refusing to take seniors because Medicare only covers part of their bills.
9. Minorities Get Worse Health Care: ObamaCare forces 16 million Americans into Medicaid, a poorly performing welfare program. The President considers moving Hispanic and blacks into Medicaid an improvement in their healthcare. No one else does.
10. Democrats Losing Elections: Current polls show that 61% of likely voters want the bill repealed and the Tea Party movement has demonstrated America’s anger toward ObamaCare. The primaries this summer have shown that Americans are voting for members of congress who will repeal Obamacare.
At the White House Rose Garden bill signing six months ago, Vice President Joe Biden told the President that Obamacare is a “big f---ing deal.” Biden was correct. ObamaCare is a big f—ing deal; it is the death-knell of this liberal presidency. o_O
- Anonymous10 years ago
It's not free. But at the same time, having 55 million people uninsured is bad economic policy when you see how much medical care costs without insurance (hint: most people would need to file bankruptcy without health insurance).
But the insurance industry put out plenty of ads and paid consultants to lecture people on the evils of providing more insurance and covering against fraud. Everyone cites England and Canada for healthcare, but you notice they NEVER quote Norway, Sweden, France's or Switzerland's system which is cheaper than our system, has fewer waits, and delivers quality almost exactly like ours? Nobody ever cites the countries that use laws requiring private countries to insure everyone. But then again, that would hurt their cause.Source(s): having a good income allows you to travel other places and see things firsthand
- 4 years ago
Obama will not be using Obamacare, nor will the congressmen, women. He has enough money to go anywhere he likes for treatment. So maybe instead of hiding behind the excuse of racism, whenever someone doesn't like his politics,policies, you should open your eyes to life in the real world. Just because a politician says something is good for you, doesn't make it so. Look under the icing for the poison.
- Annamarie .Lv 710 years ago
They live off of Fear Mongering in hopes that some gullible idiot will believe them enough to vote their party next election.
It's the same when they were running around saying Obama is the Anti Christ and the Bible says so! before the last elections.
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- DependsLv 710 years ago
Health care is not a right, it is a personal responsibility. Obama lied when he said he was going to bend the cost curve, let Americans keep their doctor or keep the coverage they have. That is just for starters.
- Anonymous10 years ago
You're the one who is brainwashed my friend. Obamacare is not free and it is not a right. Show me in the Constitution where health care is a right. You're just looking for another handout. Pathetic.
- Uncle BenitoLv 510 years ago
"Free health care is a right that every person in America deserves."
First of all, how is it "free"? Does anyone on the left have ANY understanding of economics whatsoever?
Further, in what way do you have a "right" to someone else's labor?
I don't care where you are on the political spectrum, you should be against it to. Nobody has even read the whole thing! The document is over 2000 pages.
- Anonymous10 years ago
Alight i'll take it slow. We are in a Recession, people can't spend much money, obamacare will increase taxes. Ok increases taxes during a recession what does that sound like?
Neo cons are not conservative. You need to decide who you are asking about.
Sounds like you do not understand anything.
Free Health Care? How is anything especially this Free? You are going to pay for it?
- DustbindivaLv 710 years ago
It isnt really those reasons you mentioned. They just want to win a majority in Congress and keep institutions the way they are. They dont want any changes.