If being gay is 'unnatural' then why do we tolerate airplanes?

We were not meant to fly and yet we fly in airplanes, helicopters, etc. That is unnatural. Things like rape and murder are natural in human nature and yet that doesn't make those things right or okay.

So all in all, natural DOESN'T = right and unnatural DOESN'T = wrong...so why are people still using this incredibly stupid argument against gay people?

Update:

@issac,

Gay people don't all do that, furthermore, the very reason gay men and women hold rallies and protests is because they are being discriminated against. It isn't cause they're bored, it's because they've been pushed to do those things, and what's wrong with fighting for equal rights?

32 Answers

Relevance
  • Demi
    Lv 7
    9 years ago
    Best Answer

We shouldn't tolerate airplanes! They're immoral! Just look at this dirty, dirty airplane having sexxxy time with the space shuttle - in front of EVERYONE!!!

http://www.vnovember.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/1...

Source(s): I always wondered where Cessnas came from!
  • Paul
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

I agree completely why do people automatically assume natural is good and unnatural is bad?

Appendicitis is natural, surgery is unnatural.

Living in a cave at the mercy of the elements is natural. Housing, central heating, refrigerators, hot and cold running water in your home is unnatural.

Going out into the wilderness to hunt / gather your own food is natural (so long as you don't use spears or knives or any other implements, hunting only with your bare hands). Driving to the supermarket or ordering a take-away is unnatural.

As far as I can see the only reason people think natural is better is because some marketing genius figured out that if they slap the word natural on a product and charge people a lot of extra money they'll pay the extra money without asking questions.

Edit:

I'm sorry there, I'm all for gay rights but did someone actually say "go on find the exact segment that condemns homosexuality" Did I really see someone say "it isn't there?" Wow.

Leviticus 20:13 13 "`If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.

Romans 1:24-27 24 Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another. 25 They exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshipped and served created things rather than the Creator--who is for ever praised. Amen. 26 Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones. 27 In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion.

1 Corinthians 6:9 9 Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders

Interpret those scriptures anyway you like but don't pretend they don't exist.

• 9 years ago

That's a pretty feeble argument.

We were meant to use our brains to transform the resources on this planet in a way that lets us solve all sorts of problems, including making travel easier and faster. That's just part of being human.

Homosexuality is a choice, like doing drugs. It's legal, but obviously not natural since men and women were designed to be together sexually.

In many countries homosexuals are killed. Most Muslim controlled countries will not tolerate them at all.

And just to set the record straight, in the US, gays are not discriminated against. They have the same rights the rest of us do. In some cases they actually have more rights now that hate-crimes are implemented. Now a crime against one group of people is more important that a crime against the average person. I wish gays were more tolerant of others and had respect for those not in the group. We see them protesting against marriage and trying to change the definition against the will of the people, when they already have all the rights necessary with civil unions.

I've seen footage of them shoving a little old lady down in the street because she didn't vote the way they wanted her to. I'm sure those are the violent extremists, but do they have to act like that when a valid vote doesn't go their way?

And don't forget, our current president is against gay marriage, so that makes it wrong in his eyes.

The truth is that homosexuality is a very dangerous choice. Gay men don't usually live past the age of 40, yet we allow this behavior and at the same time try to stop people from smoking when the average smoker lives much longer. Does that make sense?

• 4 years ago

This is an old question and I'm not sure I should even say anything, but....

Don't some groups believe airplanes (and modern technology in general) are immoral. Isn't that like the Amish, or even the Luddites?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • ahlo
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

Being gay is organic and it relatively is not undesirable. there are multiple people who can not comprehend it by way of fact it does not persist with to them, there are people who're ignorant and purely prefer something in charge to make themselves experience extra constructive, and then there are people who truly relatively do not care. What concerns on the top of the day is regardless of in case you are able to flow to sleep feeling stable approximately what you have carried out. popping out is frightening on account which you by no capability understand who would be supportive or who will take the extreme opposite. So in case you're in a position the place you are able to not shelter your self if the extra severe occurs, you're able to shop up and have that set up as a protection internet earlier you do. interior the advise time, I exceptionally advise looking a gender therapist. They understand and are gentle to the concerns and subject concerns glbt(and ect) flow by way of and doubtless can assist you paintings out what you prefer and the thank you to get there.

• K2
    Lv 6
    9 years ago

homosexuality is both natural and unnatural depending on what aspect of it you are talking about.

homosexuality is a NATURAL occcurance. this is evidenced by animals being homosexual in nature.

(and contrary to conservative belief, it is NOT a choice, it is simply how one is. before you go and defend it saying its a choice, as a straight person can you think back to the time when you started liking the opposite sex? did you one day decide that you liked the opposite sex? or did you slowly realize that you had become attracted to the opposite sex through the natural course of your life?)

yet at the same time homosexuality is an UNNATURAL phenomenon as obviously two living things of the same gender cannot mate and produce offspring.

this has nothing to say if it is right or wrong or anything of the sort. as always, right and wrong are subjective depending on ones perspective. if you think its wrong, thats the way that you see it, the next person might not see it that way. but consider this, if it is wrong (i have not yet met a single person who has said that homosexuality is right, merely that it happens) are the animals in the wild that are homosexual immoral? animals do not have any concept of morality.

• Richard4 years agoReport

I've heard people say homosexuality is "right." These people are extremely worried about population control and I think they're just trying to justify this lifestyle. They don't seem to have a very strong grasp on logic or reason, though. The same effect could be achieved through birth control.

• 9 years ago

Celes, as a medical professional I think its great a woman is really reaching out and trying to help the homosexual community. However, being gay is something that occurs in nature quite often. Idiotic, poorly worded questions, however, are not helping anyone. Please, for the sake of the people you are trying to help, stop using the internet.

• 9 years ago

Typical...Those that believe homosexuality to be unnatural are often addressed on this forum,yet gays,

who find human aviation unnatural and unacceptable are are seldom if ever, called to question?

• 9 years ago

Sinners!

Participating in the aviation lifestyle!

Those without sin in their hearts will go by donkey, or if an ocean is to be crossed, by foot.

• 9 years ago

We use planes for transportation..? Thats kind of self evident...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.