This is embarrasing... how do you clean a cat litter box?

Parents have gone for the week and i completely forgot the ask how to replace cat litter. the cat always pushed the litter to one side of the box as if she doesnt l Should i have the litter on one side of the box? how thick should the layer be? And the litter, why does she like to push the litter into a pile? Yes i... show more Parents have gone for the week and i completely forgot the ask how to replace cat litter. the cat always pushed the litter to one side of the box as if she doesnt l Should i have the litter on one side of the box? how thick should the layer be? And the litter, why does she like to push the litter into a pile? Yes i should know this and all since iv had the cat for ags, its just that im in charge of the food, grooming and playing with her and my parents litrelly have never ever told me why cats shovel the cat litter to one side of the box... Also i was wandering, for cleaning, must i only use water or do i use detergent? Should the litter be in a pile already so she doesnt have to push it aside, she can just go to toilet?
5 answers 5