My brain seems to not be functioning properly?

This is weird and it's gotten me a little frightened. My brain feels like it's not working like it used to, I'm feeling more and more dumb every day. My thoughts aren't being processed as quickly and it just feels like I'm alot slower. I also make very dumb mistakes constantly. I have plenty... show more This is weird and it's gotten me a little frightened.

My brain feels like it's not working like it used to, I'm feeling more and more dumb every day. My thoughts aren't being processed as quickly and it just feels like I'm alot slower. I also make very dumb mistakes constantly. I have plenty of examples but it would turn this into a wall of text so I'll spare you.

My memory seems like it's getting worse, my social skills have fallen off the map. I can't pronounce some words or misread a ton of words when I'm reading a book and it upsets me that I'm not as smart as I once was

Also I've developed a small speech impediment where I think to much and just stumble over my words or combine words without realizing it and sound like a jackass.

And idk, I just feel completely stupid. I'm only 21 so it's not like I'm some aging old man

I've been pretty depressed lately, Idk if that could be a factor but I figured I'd throw that in there
Update: Thanks so much guys. :) And as for the person that said I didn't mention why I have been depressed. Well all my friends just left and I just broke up with my girlfriend so I have that alone feeling. I realize that I'm not doing anything constructive with my life or free time so I have the failure... show more Thanks so much guys. :)

And as for the person that said I didn't mention why I have been depressed. Well all my friends just left and I just broke up with my girlfriend so I have that alone feeling. I realize that I'm not doing anything constructive with my life or free time so I have the failure feeling. And I've just always loathed myself, Idk why but I am always so very hard on myself and it makes me feel horrible, and I can't not do that.

I know the term "depression" is thrown around alot so idk if what I'm feeling is legitimate reasons for "true depression" so lets just say that I've been feeling very down