If islam is the religion of peace, why are almost all terrorists muslim.?

There is violence in the Christian bible, but the Christians are rarely violent. Why is there so much violence in islam when it's supposedly the religion of peace.

Update:

I'm talking about what's happening in 2010, for all you cop outs that are living in the past.

Update 2:

The ratio of Christians to the violent extremists they produce is at least a thousand times lower than the ratio of Muslims to the violent extremists they produce. I'm asking why that is.

Update 3:

I'm not trolling, "palestinian" loser, I'm asking a legitimate question you're apparently afraid of answering.

14 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Daniel, I do hate to post a wall of copy/paste, but in order to answer your question and open the eyes of so many who answered, the copy/paste option is the only way to go. My apologies.

The Political Violence of the Bible and the Koran

One of the most frequently used arguments heard in the defense of Islam is that the Bible is just as violent as the Koran. The logic goes like this. If the Koran is no more violent than the Bible, then why should we worry about Islam? This argument is that Islam is the same as Christianity and Judaism. This is false, but this analogy is very popular, since it allows someone who knows nothing about the actual doctrine of Islam to talk about it. “See, Islam is like Christianity, Christians are just as violent as Muslims.” If this is true, then you don’t have to learn anything about the actual Islamic doctrine.

However, this is not a theological argument. It is a political one. This argument is not about what goes on in a house of worship, but what goes on the in the marketplace of ideas.

Now, is the doctrine of Islam more violent than the Bible? There is only one way to prove or disprove the comparison and that is to measure the differences in violence in the Koran and the Bible.

The first item is to define violence. The only violence that matters to someone outside of either Islam or Christianity or Judaism is what they do to the “other”, political violence. Cain killing Abel is not political violence. Political violence is not killing a lamb for a meal or making an animal sacrifice. Note, however, a vegan or a PETA member considers both of these actions to be violent, but it is not violence against them.

The next item is to compare the doctrines both quantitatively and qualitatively. The political violence of the Koran is called “fighting in Allah’s cause”, or jihad.

We must do more than measure the jihad in the Koran. Islam has three sacred texts: Koran, Sira and Hadith, the Islamic Trilogy. The Sira is Mohammed’s biography. The Hadith are his traditions—what he did and said. Sira and Hadith form the Sunna, the perfect pattern of all Islamic behavior.

The Koran is the smallest of the three books, the Trilogy. It is only 16% of the Trilogy text . This means that the Sunna is 84% of the word content of Islam’s sacred texts. This statistic alone has large implications. Most of the Islamic doctrine is about Mohammed, not Allah. The Koran says 91 different times that Mohammed is the perfect pattern of life. It is much more important to know Mohammed than the Koran. This is very good news. It is easy to understand a biography about a man. To know Islam, know Mohammed.

This excellent, informative article continues at the following link:

http://www.politicalislam.com/

Anyone choosing to read the entire article will find statistics and charts to back up the claims within, and which perfectly answer your question, Daniel. A good day to you, and I hope this helps.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 9 years ago

I am a Muslim and I want to answer your question. If most of the Muslims out of 1.5 billion Muslims had been terrorists then you people would not be alive right now. The people you call terrorists are only a small minority; a few thousands maybe. But even they are not terrorists. these people are the victims of tyranny and brutality of the non-Muslims specifically Israel, US and other western powers. Cant you people see how many innocent civilians your armies have killed in Iraq and Afghanistan?? Your government never found Osama Bin Laden or Weapons of Mass Destruction but you people destroyed millions of lives and later spread propaganda to justify your invasions! Cannot you see that you people are the oppressors and invaders attacking other countries. Imagine the number of people who lost their families, their relatives and suffered the atrocities at the hand of your armies. The surviving victims and men from your invasions are determined to get revenge and force you people out of their countries. These so called terrorists were born out of the atrocities of your own governments. Cannot you see what is happening with the Muslims in Palestine?? Those poor people only have rocks to throw and their lives to sacrifice in front of gunships and hellfire missiles! You people are reaping only what you have sown. These so called terrorists are those victims and their sympathizers from different countries. Open you eyes you tyrants!

• 9 years ago

Who said you christians are less violant , just go to the fact there are more innocent people killed by american forces and their allies (most or alomost all of them are christians) then the people killed by some person who named them muslims. just coutn the number of innocent people killed by forces in afghistan,iraq etc did not you think that killing innocen people by any one is terrorist attack so why did you not counting is at terrorist if innocnet person killed by forced either by bombing or by firing. I am sure there are many many many time more in number ,

We must have to condem and hate those people irrespective of muslims or non muslim who kill innocent people.Becuase it against Islam teaching and its against the teahching of Prophe Eisa alisalam (Jesus) too . Never islam propogates any violence nor Prophe Eisa alisalam (Jesus) . You said there is violence in bibble i believe it must be your wrong understanigng or some worng thing added in bibble because Prophe Eisa alisalam (Jesus) never promote vilence.

http://www.islam-faqblogspot.com

• 3 years ago

i don't intend to offend Muslims, yet relatively, maximum although not all, understand that that's perplexing to flow against their fellow Muslims, might they be radicals or not by way of fact the justifications are purely very obtrusive. they are in a position to even die by way of capability of opposing. seem at what got here approximately to Salman Rushdie. He replaced into sentenced to loss of life by way of Satanic verses. If Satanic verses at the instant are not actual as Muslims have self belief, why make various fuzz approximately it and sentence a individual to die? in comparison to Christians who do not provide a damn what Dan Brown might say approximately Christ by way of fact each and every Christian understand the actual fact approximately Jesus different than the ignorant ones who relatively get confident by capability of intrigues created by capability of people who opt to generate income and now made Jesus a member of Hollywood acceptance. See what freedom can do? that's much less perplexing to be vocal against Christians by way of fact Christians do not relatively get violent against diverse, even offensive, critiques purely as long as they stay critiques or ideals. we are in a position to by no capability imprison the human techniques. To Ray W. Very picturesque format of words. in fact, it relatively is purely now that I unquestionably have heard a number of those gruesome incidents. You made a sparkling representation. purely a individual's denial can imprecise the image you have drawn. I purely desire some mild will touch all people who're denying the very fact and shop overlaying up fact.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

Have no idea, but most people who I know are violent because their parents were Go Figure

• Demi
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

*waves to Marc* Hei!!!

When you're done telling the abortion doctors how peaceful the Christians are, go tell the folks in Florida who end up with bombs planted all over the place whenever someone talks about normalizing relations with Cuba. Those are some mean @ss, devout Christians down there and they HATE those commie Cubans.

Oh, and also tell my friend who owns the metaphysical bookstore that keeps getting death threats telling her to repent. They caught a local Baptist minister and his teenage son trying to burn her shop down.

Yup. Sounds real peaceful to me.

Source(s): Forn Sed - yeah, we'll hurt people, too. We're just honest enough to leave our religion out of it if we don't like someone.
  • 9 years ago

Your perception of Christians seem to be a little inaccurate, but the violence from people who happen to be Muslim probably has a lot to do with the overthrows, invasions, occupations, and miscellaneous bombings of their countries over the past 60 years, primarily at the hands of the U.S. government.

It's certainly not because of their religion.

• ?
    Lv 4
    9 years ago

The majority of terrorists aren't muslim.

However the Quran does actually condone the violence and slaughter of non-muslims though.

• Dalia5 years agoReport

No that is not true please read the Quran to understand it first before you say anything like that.Thank you

• 9 years ago

"terrorism" and "violence" isn't exclusive too any one group.

Here's a ridiculous policy: "out terrorize the

terrorists so they'll stop terrorizing."*

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Well, maybe in this time period. Go back to the crusades and see who was the violent sect.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.