Who would play the riddler best in the new batman movie? (list inside)?

Doug Jones, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, David Tennant, Johnny Depp, Neil Patrick Harris, Michael C. Hall, Hugh Laurie, Leonardo DiCaprio and James Franco are all rumored to play the riddler in the new batman movie. Who do you think would be best?

I'd say Joeseph Gordon-Levitt, Neil Patrick-Harris, Michael C. Hall, Hugh Laurie, or James Franco would be best. Leo. Dicap. Is a great actor just not for the riddler.

My personal favorites would be either Joseph Gordon-Levitt or Michael C. Hall.(If Chrispin Glover was on the list I'd also favor him) Who do you think?

Johnny Depp would do well I just think that it might be just like all his other weird characters he does. I could definitely see joseph Gordon or

Michael C. doing very well in the role as well as James Franco and for some weird reason I think NPH could pull it off well. High Laurie could also be completely terriffyingly amazing too but I think it could go either way with him. Johnny Depp would either way do great I just kinda want to see someone else for a change.

Hahaha. Will Ferral is an interesting choice. I don't think Christopher Nolan is going in that direction though.

Great point!!! Jim Carey is an amazing dramatic actor and could definitely pull off the haunting and creepy character effect that Heath had. I agree Chrispin Glover would be fantastic.

Favorite Answer

I really like most of your choices & the ones mentioned above by other posters. Well, except for Jim Carey. No matter how good he could possibly do the role, the WB studio would never let him be hired.

Also, I don't want Johnny Depp to do it. I love him but I think we have all seen enough eccentric characters played by him in the past decade.

I would like to add to the list of candidates: Jude Law, Edward Norton, Michael Emerson, or Sharlto Copley.

No matter who gets the part, I am sure Nolan will be able to pull a great performance out of them.

Crispin Glover. He has the look, acting skills and voice to pull it off.

I think it would also be interesting to see Jim Carrey return to the role. Of course his acting would have to be the polar opposite of what he did in Batman Forever. Under Nolan's direction, I believe Carrey could be as good as Heath Ledger.

I don't really agree with Gordon-Levitt, he's a little too young. Also, Johnny Depp is a good actor, but he would be very distracting in the role. NPH is too comedic, Leo doesn't have the right menace, and Hugh Laurie (while brilliant) is too old. David Tenant is an excellent choice though. So for me, it's a toss up between Tenant, Jim Carrey, and Glover.

i'd say johnny depp, michael c. hall joseph gordon-levitt and possibly hugh laurie because they have a look on their face that's dark sometimes

• Miriam

I thought by Hollywood Movie you meant movies about Hollywood. My favorite is A Star is Born with James Mason and Judy Garland. You really get the idea of what Hollywood is like. Great, great movie.

will ferrell :-p