Who do you think should play the riddler in the new batman movie? (List of rumored actors in details)?

Doug Jones, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, David Tennant, Johnny Depp, Neil Patrick Harris, Michael C. Hall, Hugh Laurie, Leonardo DiCaprio and James Franco are all rumored to play the riddler in the new batman movie. Who do you think would be best?

I'd say Joeseph Gordon-Levitt, Neil Patrick-Harris, Michael C. Hall, Hugh Laurie, or James Franco would be best. Leo. Dicap. Is a great actor just not for the riddler.

My personal favorites would be either Joseph Gordon-Levitt or Michael C. Hall.(If Chrispin Glover was on the list I'd also favor him) Who do you think?

Johnny Depp would do well I just think that it might be just like all his other weird characters he does. I could definitely see joseph Gordon or

Michael C. doing very well in the role as well as James Franco and for some weird reason I think NPH could pull it off well. High Laurie could also be completely terriffyingly amazing too but I think it could go either way with him. Johnny Depp would either way do great I just kinda want to see someone else for a change.

• sisi
    Favorite Answer

Joseph Gordon Levitt by far. The role suits him perfectly, I can definitely see him playing The Riddler.

I predict that either Joseph or Michael C Hall will be given the role, I will even bet on it! :D

Edit: I agree with James Franco, he certainly has that cheeky almost sinister grin that would fit the character

Crispin Glover. He has the look, acting skills and voice to pull it off. I think it would also be interesting to see Jim Carrey return to the role. Of course his acting would have to be the polar opposite of what he did in Batman Forever. Under Nolan's direction, I believe Carrey could be as good as Heath Ledger. I don't really agree with Gordon-Levitt, he's a little too young. Also, Johnny Depp is a good actor, but he would be very distracting in the role. NPH is too comedic, Leo doesn't have the right menace, and Hugh Laurie (while brilliant) is too old. David Tenant is an excellent choice though. So for me, it's a toss up between Tenant, Jim Carrey, and Glover.

• Timbo

I could see Johnny Depp doing pretty good as Riddler. The more recent rumor i heard was possible of them looking at James Franco for the roll. But if its going to be a darker comical roll, i wouldnt mind seeing Johnny Depp play it.