Should I go to film school to become a writer and director or should I start on my own.?

I am in high school and I really want to become a film director. I have already written a few short films and several feature length films. My scripts can be done pretty low budget too, so if I decide not to go to film school and instead dicide to shoot a movie on digital video, I can do just that. My only problem... show more I am in high school and I really want to become a film director. I have already written a few short films and several feature length films. My scripts can be done pretty low budget too, so if I decide not to go to film school and instead dicide to shoot a movie on digital video, I can do just that. My only problem is I don't have a digital camera yet and from what I've seen of Mini DV cameras( which are cameras in my price range) the quality isn't what I want. I want my movies to look like 35mm. So should I go to film school and learn what I can do on digital video cameras, or should I just get a mini DV camera and practice with it, then film a feature length film and try to get it into a film festival and released theatrically.