? asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 9 years ago

healthy food for a healthy lifestyle?

Okay Today I am getting back into my workout mode and need to know what are some good healthy food to buy so I can maintain a healthy lifestyle. I tend to buy the same healthy food and get tired of it and then in about 3 months I find myself eating in unhealthy. Hopefully you can give me a list of healthy food to buy from the grocery store Thank!

Favorite Answer

I like this website because the meal plan is updated each week with healthy meals including breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks AND a free printable grocery list!

• Alice

Walk around the outside perimeter of the grocery store, and buy your food from that area. Stay out of the center aisles.

Usually processed foods, cookies, canned foods, chips, sodas, etc. are in the center aisles. These are the foods you should avoid. On the outside aisles you will find the fresh fruits and vegetables, the fresh meats, dairy, eggs and fresh, whole grain bakery breads.

Basically, the fewer ingredients listed on a package, the better. The best food for you is the food that is coming from the farmer with not much happening to it before it gets to you. Learn to cook and do not eat stuff that has come from a factory.

I buy my meat at a butcher shop (locally produced, non-factory farmed), eggs from a small family farm, fresh fruits and vegetables from my own garden and local orchard and farm stands, and I can and freeze food to store. I do all of my own baking, except for some breads, and I never buy pies, cakes, doughnuts or cookies at the grocery store.

I buy chunks of unprocessed cheese from a producer I like, and I buy organic milk.

When I eat out at restaurants, I usually order a salad with protein and I eat only half of my order (I take the rest home). I drink water or unsweetened iced tea, never soda, not even diet soda.

It's pretty easy for me to do this, and I am hoping I can continue to improve my own diet. Good luck to you!

Consult your doctor first, because you may have special health or dietary needs.

Generally, the consensus of experts today is that a healthy diet consists of regular daily servings of fruits, vegetables, and grains. Lean meats, fish and poultry are lower in fat, but proper portions should be used. A proper portion of meat for a meal, for example, should be about the size of a deck of cards.

Sugar in excess -- especially sugary drinks and snacks, should be limited.

sumo wrestlers aren't very active throughout the day but they are in shape however they starve themselves til noon to keep a slow metabolism and than binge on mostly white rice, and a veggie soup, so I would say they aren't as bad as the fat people in north america but they are that healthy either, though they're probably more healthy than a north american that eats poorly but is still skinny

Wheat products are great. Chicken breast , brown rice, steamed white rice, lots and lots of veggies not to much fruit because of the sugar content. Good Luck :) (If you can go, to Whole Foods)

Anything without Aspartame.

Anything without MSG

Anything without colourings and flavour enhancers.

Source(s): goggle: dangerous e numbers