What does someone look/act like on drugs?

Update:

A mix of drugs.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

It depends which drugs. I assume you mean possession of controlled substances, and/or abuse of legally available drugs.

It's subjective. One person's reaction to a specific chemical may be different from another person's reaction to the same chemical. It is difficult to judge how much of any drug (legal or illegal) impairs a person from the judgement needed to drive, operate machinery in a safe manner, etc.

In my practice as a social worker I "rate" drugs according to their addictive potential (please note: I have no training in pharmacology). Based on my knowledge, marijuana is less addictive than alcohol, which is less addictive than cocaine, which is less addictive than OxyContin. I would take a patient's personal medical and drug use history into account when evaluating their dependence upon such medications.

Source(s): Master of Social Work, hospital experience
  • 9 years ago

Different drugs have different effects. Marijuana will give most people slow reactions and red eyes, slowed speech also. take crack and you may have a person that is jittery and bugged out eyes. Meth will speed everything up, usually makes people hyper, some people will stay awake for days while using meth. Just depends some drugs are downers and some are uppers

• 9 years ago

Depends solely on the drug, different drugs affect different parts of the body/ organs. For indtants you have stimulants which cause an increase: rapid breathing, increased heart rate etc. Whereas depressants are the opposite.

Source(s): Current EMT
  • 9 years ago

What kind of drugs? If it is weed, they could have red glossy eyes,and smile alot!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

you should watch the movie "A Perfect Getaway" it shows how crazily insane people can get while they are on drugs

• 9 years ago

depends on the drug and the person

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.