• Travel >
  • Air Travel
  • Travel >
  • Air Travel

Anyone ever use "Name Your Own Price" for AIRLINE tickets?

• Follow publicly
  • Follow privately
  • Unfollow
My family of 5 is traveling across country in January and are trying to find the cheapest way to get there via airplane. I just found out that Priceline does the Name Your Own Price ...show more
Best AnswerAsker's Choice
My friend swears by it. I'm too chicken, like predictability, and so am willing to pay the extra couple bucks, so I "pick & choose."

Source:

me.

Asker's rating & comment

5 out of 5
Thanks!
  • 0
    0
  • Comment

Other Answers (2)

• Relevance
  • Rating
  • Oldest
  • Newest
  • Bernie Made Off answered 4 years ago
    Name your own price is tricky. You actually can name your own price and it can be any price you want. Your only going to be able to get reasonable prices accepted, but if you do this and then find a cheaper airline ticket somewhere else, it becomes very hard to cancel that priceline bid because they automatically buy that ticket .
    • 0
      0
    • Comment
  • 1 answer hidden
  • Robby answered 4 years ago
    No, I ain't never used 'em.
    • 0
      1
    • Comment
  • Anyone ever use "Name Your Own Price" for AIRLINE tickets?
    My family of 5 is traveling across country in January and are trying to find the cheapest way to get there via airplane. I just found out that Priceline does the Name Your Own Price for airline tickets, but curious if that works well.

I understand a few things about it:
    -They don't do red eye flights.
    -They look for nonstop first, and at the most you have one layover.
    -If you have a maximum 3 hour layover, if you do have to switch flights.

With that said, can you get good deals? And please, please don't respond if you don't have first-hand or second-hand knowledge about this. If you simply have a hypothesis about using it, I don't really need to know it.

Thanks.
    Sign In 

to add your answer

Who is following this question?

%
    BEST ANSWERS
    Member Since:
    Points: Points: Level
    Total Answers:
    Points this week:
    Follow

Unfollow

Block

Unblock