Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceHome Schooling · 1 decade ago

homeschooling online schedule?

MONDAY:

7:00-wake up.

7:30-eat breakfast.

8:00-walk ava. (our dog)

8:45- english lesson.

9:45- take break.

10:00- science lesson.

12:00-eat lunch.

1:00- math lesson.

2:45- elective lesson.

3:45-piano

4:15-free time; do whatever.

5:00- clean room.

5:30-make dinner!

6:30-eat dinner.

7:30-t.v.

9:00-get ready for bed.

9:15- bed time.

TUESDAY:

7:00-wake up.

7:30-eat breakfast.

8:00-walk ava.

8:45- english lesson.

9:45- take break.

10:00- science lesson.

12:00-lunch.

1:00-math lesson.

2:30- elective lesson.

3:00-free time; hang out with my friends.

[4:30 is around the time you have been coming home lately]

5:30-guitar.

6:30-eat dinner.

7:30-shower.

9:00-get ready for bed.

9:15- bed time.

WEDNESDAY:

7:00-wake up.

7:30-eat breakfast.

8:00-walk ava.

8:45- english lesson.

9:45- take break.

10:00- science lesson.

12:00-math lesson.

2:30- elective lesson.

5:30-dance when dad comes to pick me up on the way to his house, he can drop me off at the studio.

6:30-rossetta stone with dad.

7:30-eat dinner.

7:45-quick shower.

9:00-get ready for bed

9:15- bed time.

THURSDAY:

6:30-wake up.

6:45-eat breakfast.

7:00- leave and you can take me to the science thing for labs on the way to work.

(however long that takes)-someone can carpool & take me home.

8:45- english lesson.

9:45- take break.

10:00-math lesson.

12:00 eat lunch.

1:00- elective lesson.

3:00-hang out with friends.

5:30-eat dinner.

7:30-t.v.

9:00-get ready for bed.

9:15- bed time.

FRIDAY:

7:00-wake up.

7:30-eat breakfast.

8:00-walk ava.

8:45- english lesson.

9:45- take break.

10:00- science lesson.

12:00-meet friends at lunch, if it's an open campus.

12:50-math lesson.

2:30- elective lesson.

2:50-walk to my old school.

3:00-walk down to the coffee bean with friends.

5:30-eat dinner.

6:30-t.v.

8:00-hang out with friends, go to movies, mall, or something.

9:00 or 10:00-get ready for bed.

9:15 or 10:15- bed time.

READ THIS PLEASE:

i'm trying to convince my mom to let me take online school.

she doesn't think i will be social & doesn't want me to be in the house all day, but i came up with a schedule to show her that i won't be in the house all day & that i will be social.

she said no, but i really want to do this.

do you think this could convince her?

is there anything i should add?

thanks for the help! (:

Favorite Answer

My cousin whose 15 is cyber home schooled. She found that it works better when you do one class per day. Ex.

Mondays - Math

Tuesday - English

Wednesdays - Biology

Thursdays - History

Fridays - Any other class.

Add this: You won't be anti-social. My cousin has more friends being home schooled than in regular school. It's not all that he said she said drama. You'll be a lot happier. She seems more bubbly without all the peer pressure. Keep your friends you have and go out on weekend after school like you said go out. Go to football games, movies. Do something ( : It's really good too. You should tell her to let you try it for ONE year or semester and if it doesn't work just go back to regular school. I don't think people should be close-minded. The internet is the wave of the future minus well try it now. Also, If math isn't a strong point for you get a tutor. Math is a subject that's hard to do over the internet. Go get a tutor, You have a lot of freedom being home schooled. Explain it to her, She just has to trust you are a GOOD student and kid ( :

• Jen

There's one thing I'd change, if I were you, is when you walk your dog. Yes, Ava will need to be taken out to use the "urgent" bathroom, but then she should be able to hang on until after your first class. When do you feed and water Ava? How about this: Right before breakfast, let her out long enough to relieve herself if she's been waiting all night. Feed and water her (outdoors, if you have a way). Go eat your breakfast, take her in. Do your English lesson at 8:15, then as soon as you're done, take her for a walk. Taking her for a walk after your first lesson does a few things for you. First off, she's eaten, so she's more ready to be walked now. Secondly, it gives you not only an exercise break from your mind, but your body and spirit and be renewed before returning for more school. (Also, you won't be in the house all day during school!) When you come back in, you have time to drink, eat a snack, whatever you need to nourish your body before continuing.

Another place I saw you could make an adjustment is lunch period. You won't need an hour; 30 minutes should be just fine. I'd just like to see you getting done a little bit earlier, to give you more time AFTER school, you know?

Another thing: do you know for sure that your curriculum will keep you online that much during the day? That's just a whole lot of busy work for a homeschooler. Honestly, with most curriculum, based on your morning schedule, you should be done with everything by the time the kids get home from school and still have homework to do!

To convince your mom ... add what I always wish my daughter would say: "Would you at least take some time to consider it?" Look for ways/time to prove it to her. For example, if you're going to have a free weekend (which might be worth it in the long run), ask her if she could give you a test run on the weekend to show her what you would be doing. Talk to some homeschoolers in your area (trust me, they exist -- ask the library for a contact), and get them to loan you some material that they would do. Or better yet, convince a home school mom to come spend some time showing you and your mom what they do!

Good luck!

Source(s): EXPERIENCE.
  • Jerri

Hey,

Sounds really good , im also in the process of moving to an online school but I'm struggling finding one that accepts students from the channel islands. As it's not officially part of the UK. Good luck convincing ur mum. I'm desperate to be online schooled. I've gotta go to boarding school in ten mins. and the thought of school today makes me wanna hang myself lol. It's so bad. (I'm a day pupil btw)

Gd luck xx

Give http://allfreefilms.info/5bdo a shot. I watch movies on there all the time and it's always easy.