Navy Federal credit Union or USAA?

I have USAA right now but Im thinking of switching because Navy Fed has a bank about 30 min away so if I need to use the bank I can. They both seem good but just wanted to know your thoughts. Thanks....

Best Answer

Both are great. I have USAA, and am completely loyal to them. USAA is a "branchless bank" so they don't have any branches. My question is: why do you really need a bank branch? You can get money out of any ATM and USAA will pay the fee. You can deposit checks online. The only thing you really can't do is deposit cash into an account. Unless you need to deposit cash regularly, I don't see any need for you to open an account with Navy Fed.

Then again, it couldn't hurt to have two banks. I use a credit union for direct deposit and billpay, but I use USAA for investments and checking/ATM.

Source(s): USAA member

I use USAA , but have another account with a local bank for just that reason.