? asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 10 years ago

How Long to Get Biceps to Grow 2 Inches?

3 weeks ago I started seriously weightlifting. I lift 6 days a week, and alternate between two workouts from one day to the next (one workout is back, bis, and shoulders; the other is chest, tris, and abs). I make sure to focus more on heavy lifting than lots of repetition since I want to get bigger. I'm also increasing the weight more often now.

I want to get my biceps to grow 2 inches, but I'm not sure how long it will take. I've been doing this for 3 weeks, and my bis have grown 3/16 of an inch. (they used to be 12 1/2 inches now they're 12 11/16 inches)

How long will this take? 4 months? 6 months? Longer even?

Favorite Answer

The fastest you could gain two inches on your biceps from where you are is probably about a month. It will require you to gain a lot of muscular bodyweight and triceps mass since 2/3 of your upper arm is triceps. This means getting your bench press and overhead press numbers up as high as you can. See the Starting Strength routine for how to get as big and strong in as little time as possible.

You will need lots of complete protein, such as boiled eggs. Include the yolks for nutrients, the nutrients in green vegetables, such as broccoli, and orange fruit, such as pumpkin. I'm a woman, and it took 6 months for my biceps to get from 13 to 17 inches. Dont know how long it'll take you, though at your age with high testosterone running through your system, probably not long. Good luck.