. asked in Dining OutFast Food · 9 years ago

why is dominos pizza so expensive?

i know its completely different from all other takeaway pizzas but why is it so expensive i know they have offers on but even with them on top its still relativity expensive is there a reason why?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • A
    Lv 5
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Because pizza restaurants have some of the highest profit margins in the fast food business.

It only cost Dominos $2.75 to make a pie. Average customer pays around $15+ for two pies. That profits taken in, per customer, is high and I haven even started talking about side items or other variations of the pies, such as breadsticks, cheese sticks, desert, pasta bowls, etc.

As such, bread sticks. Dominos charges $5 for a single order of bread sticks with light seasoning and side sauce. The cost for Dominos to make breadsticks is less than 50cents. Its just pizza dough cut into 8 strips topped with a salt based season. A side cup of side marinara sauce costs 2cents. Side items usually have a higher profit margin than the main/base items.

Pizza places are expensive because they can do it. There are no cheaper alternatives with pizza places like it is with burger joints. Retail franchise pizza places don't survive in places like New York because the competition is high. A New York mom and pop pizza store will beat out Dominos/Pizza Hut/Papa Johns any day based on a lower price point and taste. Mom and pop stores are able to sell slices and if you've had a NY slice before, their huge. 3 large slices will be cheaper than 1 Dominos pies.

• 6 years agoReport

Best answer by far .

• Login to reply the answers
  • Erika
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

Dominos Expensive

• 9 years ago

I've found this too. All I can think is that they're selling pizzas at those prices because people are paying those prices for them. If people changed their supplier, their takings would drop and they would have to drop their prices in order to win back customers.

• Anonymous
    6 years ago

I ordered four large pizzas two potato wedges cost £51 and there large is medium to other pizza outlets .

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

Supply and demand.People are stupid enough to pay top dollar for cat meat and Domino's is more than happy to take peoples monies.

• 9 years ago

Cause they need to get money back from those stupid commercials they decided to put on t.v

• 9 years ago

because they think they are selling gold lmao

• 9 years ago

cost of ingredients went up and gas prices up to

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.