What is the main cause of traffic accidents in Morocco?

I've read speeding, bad roads, and so on. Could the reason so many people die in city-to-city bus accidents be that the buses are poorly maintained?
Update: I also forgot to mention animals crossing in front of traffic. A town-to-town taxi that I was riding in a couple of years ago hit a dog that just trotted out into the road, we were going at least 40 mph. Less than a week later another blad-dog-running-with-a-chicken-in-his-mouth ran right in front of our car and we... show more I also forgot to mention animals crossing in front of traffic. A town-to-town taxi that I was riding in a couple of years ago hit a dog that just trotted out into the road, we were going at least 40 mph. Less than a week later another blad-dog-running-with-a-chicken-in-his-m... ran right in front of our car and we nearly hit him.