King asked in Computers & InternetSecurity · 10 years ago

How do I contact my System Administrator?

I am attempting to remove a program from my computer. It asks me for a password to remove it. I do not know the password, so I click the "Forgot Password" tab. It then tells me to "Contact my System Administrator" and give it a security key so I can get an override key.

I am confused, I am the administrator of my own computer, correct? How the heck am I supposed to contact myself? Thanks in advance.

How would I contact the manufacturer? By email?

Favorite Answer

try logging in as administrator or make sure your account has administrator privileges.

• dysart

Who Is My System Administrator

Well, it could be that you have a system administrator who is managing your "network" and several other unknowing people's computers, in that case, until you hack your own systems, you may never know who that is because they connect to your computer remotely and impersonate themselves as you and hack your system root files, and basically move in and set up shop, controlling your access and applications etc. .

On the other hand, you can take own of the file you are trying to change or delete by right clicking on the program icon or file, and selecting properties and go to the security tab and click and open it and there will be 5 options and you want to select owner, and click on the edit tab, it will take you to a dialogue box wherein you will click advanced, select, then a drop down will show with all the "built in users" (this is in Windows by the way, not Mac, or Linux or ...), your name and your computer name should appear, double click on that, click ok, it will assign your permissions, and close it, you can also manipulate the other "users" and persons with privileges by deleting everyone, Power Users or whoever you don't want to give access to your files to. Be careful, you might want to carefully check the users, because some of the functions are definitely automated by the system. Lo out and log back in, you should be able to access the file and edit, delete it or whatever, if not, someone has put a stop control on it, in other words they are denying you access to the file for some reason. That you need to investigate further.

Source(s): Vista Anoyances, Bill O'Reilly (paperback), Windows Help and Support, Microsoft.com/tech support

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

I am...

Source(s): contact system administrator: https://tr.im/TdZci

I don't know, but while I was on the internet on a web site, I had a telephone call from a person who said he was working for Windows and checking our system and there was something wrong and he wAs going to help me to fix it. I told him no thank you--we've had bogus calls like this before. He kept saying they were going to hack us. He turned us over to his supervisor, Tim, who wanted me to stand in front of the monitor and follow his instructions to fix the problem. As we geared up, I tried to get him to tell me if there was a nationwide hacking attack windows users and got no response. My wife came in and I said I had to go. They wanted to call again this afternoon and wanted a time. I said 4:00. Is there any problem from Windows with its programs or its software system with the same that you have heard about? Is there a lot of hacking under way? Is this likely fraud?

Paulette Buter

how do I contact my system administrator to active my windows

I am getting error message

you don t have sufficient access to uninstall hotspot shield 5.0.2.please contact system administrator

how can I uninstall

application as a customer manager

I am facing problem at the third stage

there show an ERROR

Contact your computer's manufacturer and tell them this.