best green cleaning supplies?

I'm currently switching my cleaning supplies, laundry detergent, paper towels, toilet papers, etc. so they're green and earth friendly. I want to know which ones are the best in terms of price, strength, and earth friendliness. I'm looking into three different brands specifically: Seventh Generation, Simple Green, and Green Works.

Favorite Answer

I usually make my own green cleaning supplies from home, but when not, I buy either Seventh Generation or Earth-Friendly Products.

I find Seventh Generation products slightly more effective than Earth-Friendly products (at least concerning dish detergent and soap), but Earth-Friendly Products are usually cheaper. However, Seventh Generation is often promoting itself with coupons, so it's possible to get a better deal out of them. I also see them in a lot more stores. Looking at both, I think they're equally green and neither test on animals.

However, I very often use other stuff for cleaning.

Here are the basic super-powers: baking soda, vinegar, borax, salt, lemon juice.

Baking soda is slightly alkaline. When it breaks down chemically (often just when mixed with water) it draws out bad odors and one part of it loosens dirt. It's also a fantastic scrub because of its grit.

Vinegar is an acid. A mild one, but use your imagination and think of all the fabulous things acids do. Combining it with baking soda does some amazing things for dirt.

Lemon juice can also slightly "bleach" stains and also draws out odors. It's also acidic.

Borax does many similar things to baking soda, and it also keeps away bugs.

Also, when it comes to laundry, it's very wise to buy earth-friendly detergent for synthetics. But laundry detergent was actually designed specifically for synthetic fabrics. Natural soap is actually a better cleaner for natural fabrics and is not as harsh on them. Also, vinegar, baking soda, and borax are GREAT laundry boosters. I usually throw in half a cup to a cup per load.

MORE ON THE OTHER PRODUCTS!

I looked up the others you mentioned.

Simple Green is inexpensive and seem to have good reports, but not everything they have is cruelty-free, if that's important to you.

Greenworks works great (in my experience with it) and is comparitively priced, and is also cruelty free.

• men7al

home-mixed cleaners can get the job done and then some. Vinegar and baking soda can be used to clean almost anything. Mix in a little warm water with either of these and you’ve got yourself an all-purpose cleaner.

Help your home smell baking soda-licious

Baking soda not only removes those strange smells coming from your fridge, it's also a great odor-eliminator for your carpet. Just sprinkle on a little baking soda to soak up some of those odors and then vacuum it up.

.Clean your indoor air naturally

Skip the store-bought air fresheners and instead try boiling cinnamon, cloves, or any other herbs you have a fondness for. Fresh chocolate chip cookies also have been known to create a friendly aroma. Also, plants may not make your house smell different but are good for filtering interior air--pretty much any broad green leaf plant will do. Peace Lilies are a favorite choice.

Natural cleaners such as baking soda, vinegar and so on.

Green works and dawn soap, tide cold water and the pc green paper products also seems to be the best of the bunch of store bought products.

Good luck!!

Source(s): I'm part of many ecological organizations.

I have been using green works and this is my favorite product from that line http://www.shoplet.com/Green-Works-Naturally-Deriv... it is chlorine free bleach so it is a lot safer for youw hen you are cleaning and overall for your family and the environment.

you can also try home made products, miz vinegar and baking soada to disenfect contertops and remove stains. but when you need to clean bathroom and areas were bacteria can grow such as kitchen sink stick to green cleaning products

Check out more on Shoplet at http://www.shoplet.com/ or http://www.shoplet.co.uk/ they are doing a great job in selling green cleaning supplies.

Below is our green cleaning lineup along with those sent in by readers. ... replace all of our cleaning supplies (liquids and powders) with natural and non-toxic products. ... Green Roundup: Best Green Cleaning Solutions ..

vinger, baking soda, water, and a little bit of elbow grease!