What's the name of this movie....?

Several years ago I saw a movie .......... I can't remember the name of it for the life of me ............. maybe you can help ............

There was a large city and beyond the city was a fence and "outsiders" lived beyond the fence. Inside the city people took a pill to go on vacations ............. pregnancy was not allowed .......... I think .......... if I remember right ............. they brought someone from the outside to live inside and exploited them ............. in the end ........... guy gets girl pregnant and they run away together to the "outside" and end up with their beautiful baby living on the beach.

Probably doesn't make any dang sense .......... but it's all i can remember ............

Does it sound familiar at all????

I looked up Fortress ..... I don't think that's it. These people were not imprisoned. The rich fancy people lived in the city. And they uesed alot of pills for stuff .......... like ......... I can't remember how ...... but they went on vacation by taking a pill.

Looking through netflix I came across THX ..... but it's not that. These people aren't imprisoned.

now that I think about it ........ I think sex was not allowed ........... and if i remember right ......... the lead guy was high up in the government

Favorite Answer

Brave New World (1998 TV movie)

starring Peter Gallagher, Leonard Nimoy, Tim Guinee, Rya Kihlstedt, Sally Kirkland and Miguel Ferrer.

Since your description indicates a happy ending, it could be the 1998 version. For some very confusing reason(s), they drastically rewrote Aldous Huxley's story.

Here's a clip from the movie:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwuy2t6025k

Youtube thumbnail

The miniseries is so much better. I highly recommend watching it, too, as it's much more faithful to the novel:

Brave New World (1980 TV miniseries)

starring Julie Cobb, Bud Cort, Keir Dullea, Ron O'Neal, Marcia Strassman, Kristoffer Tabori

IMDb synopsis:

In a future society based on pleasure without moral worries, love is prohibited but casual sex, now called 'engaging', is strongly encouraged. Everyone is kept happy with a legal drug, soma. People are hatched and cloned on conveyor belts to meet the requirements of five different social classes, from ruling Alphas to robot-like Epsilons. Bernard Marx is a different Alpha male with an inclination to thinking. He and a girl called Lenina Disney go visit a reservation of 'savages' where they meet a handsome young man John and bring him back to 'civilization'. John turns out to be the son of the director of the cloning authority, which causes a scandal and makes John a celebrity freak. John falls in love with Lenina but his desire is ruined by his antiquated sexual morale derived from reading Shakespeare. John hates the over-social but anti-emotional civilization, asks to be sent to live in isolation.

I think it's THX 1138, too, but if not, I thought of another possible movie -- especially after you mentioned a government official as part of the plot. It's called The Last Child (TV 1971)

In a badly-overpopulated future, where each couple is only allowed one child and where people over 65 are forbidden medical care under a very draconian set of laws, a young couple, pregnant with their second child (the first died shortly after birth) enlist the help of an elderly former US Senator to help them escape to Canada.

EDIT: I hate when someone comes along and gives everybody a "thumb's down". Grrrr!

Maybe Fortress

Well I've never seen it, but it sounds like THX 1138. It's a 70's movie.

It might be Children of Men w/ Clive Owen.

Also, I think you overuse your elipses.