If you get stabbed in the stomach can you die?

I'm writing a story. and i had found a similar question on here that sort of answered my question, a ladies son had gotten stabbed but according to her since it just went into his stomach it did not hit any other organs he didn't die. but then i read some other questions and most said that if it goes... show more I'm writing a story.

and i had found a similar question on here that sort of answered my question, a ladies son had gotten stabbed but according to her since it just went into his stomach it did not hit any other organs he didn't die. but then i read some other questions and most said that if it goes into the stomach you can die because of the acid in your stomach causing an infection when it comes out. or that you can bleed to death.

so, who should i believe? lol. or which sounds more plausible to you guys?

i really don't want my character to die that's why i didn't put him as he got shot because i thought getting stabbed would take more time to die so he could get medical help.

any suggestions are good.