me lulz asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 9 years ago

Saran wrap around your waist to lose weight?

Okay so my roommate is a fattie and has a large stomach (not to be mean) but i remember my first roommate used to wrap his midsection in saran wrap, wear a garbage bag over it and a sweater when he went to go run and he said wrestlers did it to cut weight (he wrestled) so i thought i'd suggest it to my roommate as an added way to cut that weight down along with him coming to work out with me. So my questions are:

Is it safe?

What are the dangers?

Does it work?

What are other ways he can lose that bulge quickly?

and any tips for him?

Oh and does it work for love handles?

17 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Best Answer

Me,

What's needed to lose weight is a proper diet (with portion control!) and good solid exercise. Also drink 6-8 glasses of water a day.

For the love handles and center region - you need to do ab & oblique exercises. Google them on the Web. Too many good ones to list here... Often they show videos of how to do the exercises properly. Ab exercises on a Swiss ball can be more effective than those performed on the floor.

If Saran does anything it will only be temporary water weight loss. It isn't sustainable weight loss. And, certainly doesn't provide any muscle toning.

No effort, no gain...

Good luck.

Source(s): Fitness nut (who worked out for years w/personal trainer)
  • 4 years ago

Don t skip breakfast and choose that s high in protein for energy and full of fiber to keep you satisfied for hours

• 4 years ago

eat breakfast there have been so many studies done that show that people who eat breakfast lose more weight

• 4 years ago

play squash for 8 minutes

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 years ago

if you re cooking food in the microwave chances are you re eating unhealthy packaged foods if you must microwave consider soy chicken patties veggie burgers or steamer vegetables and brown rice

• 4 years ago

make like laila ali and jump rope as fast as you can for 8 minutes

• 4 years ago

1 hour barre class

• 4 years ago

try an open face sandwich instead one with two slices of bread

• 4 years ago

no game necessary do 780 jumping jacks

• 4 years ago

Exercise in the morning than evening

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.