Mini sumo robot competition?

Hello everyone! I am the lead programmer for the mini sumo robot for my technology team at school. I want to program this thing in Java. I am going to use the robots class library. However I have a few questions for you. Is there any good ides out there for programming these robots? And does eclipse have any plugins I could download to help aid me on this project. Yes I have programmed with Java before however, I have never programmed a robot before.

Thanks for the help!

Favorite Answer

There's many things you can use. Eclipse can work. I need to know what you're using to run this though. For example, there's a system for LEGO MINDSTORMS NXT robots called LeJos, which is based out of Eclipse, that is very effective.

As for the Sumo Bot Idea itself, sounds awesome. As a long time member of my High School's Robotics Club I can tell you that the concept of Sumo-Fighting Bots sounds like a lot of fun, and I would love to do that myself. Good luck!

Source(s): Previous encounters.