Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureHolidaysRamadan · 9 years ago

can someone explain sura 33:50?

which one is from the real quran? ''o'' prophet! we have made lawful to thee thy wives to whom you hast paid their due dowry; and the slave girls allah has given you from the spoils of war;; sura 33:50''o'' you who believe we made lawful for you your wives to whom you have paid due dowry, or what you already have, as granted to you by allah........some qurans say one thing and others say something different. so which one of these is from the real quran?

Update:

world; are you saying that the greatest language in the history of the world,arabic, can't be translated properly?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

This basically says in plain English.. " Prophet, we made halal your wives that you paid dowry and the women that you own, and your father's brother's daughters (your cousins) and your father's sisters' daughters, your mother's brothers' daughters, your mothers' sisters' daughters that traveled with you.. "

So basically Allah SWT was telling the Prophet ASW what was halal for him as far as women go.

You may find many different interpretations because it is based on who is translating it. I speak good English and good Arabic, but if I were to translate something from Arabic to English, it may not be the same as the next person.

So basically this is one of the best translations for you.

"O Prophet! We have made lawful to thee thy wives to whom thou hast paid their dowers; and those whom thy right hand possesses out of the prisoners of war whom Allah has assigned to thee; and daughters of thy paternal uncles and aunts, and daughters of thy maternal uncles and aunts, who migrated (from Makka) with thee; and any believing woman who dedicates her soul to the Prophet if the Prophet wishes to wed her;- this only for thee, and not for the Believers (at large); We know what We have appointed for them as to their wives and the captives whom their right hands possess;- in order that there should be no difficulty for thee. And Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful."

: I'm saying.. Arabic has many different dialects, and just like every other language you can either translate a collective idea or word for word.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 9 years ago

You will never understand Quran or Islam or Allah or Muhammad because you are a kafir and kafirs are unclean and are left without guidance because Allah does not guide kafirs.

You got the Message and your report shows how hurt you are and how blind and petty you are.

I dont run down points but I make the point available to you so what's 10 points to get at you?

Allahuakbarr!

Source(s): Quran Bible The Age Of Reason by M A Raheem and Mervyn C Charles
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

i don't know, you should ask an arabic speakers. It's clear that the majority of muslims can't read arabic.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.