How long should you wait to get married after getting a divorce?

Follow
  • Follow publicly
  • Follow privately
  • Unfollow
I started going out with my boyfriend almost a year ago and he was going through a divorce which only took about three months of our relationship. hes been divorced since January of ...show more
Best AnswerAsker's Choice
  • ? answered 4 years ago
When you have been lucky enough to get out of a bad relationship take your time,make sure your not going from the frying pan into the fire. Take your time there is know rushing or wasting,because round to can be a nightmare if you have chosen the wrong person yet again.

Asker's rating & comment

4 out of 5
yeah i agree, i should probably wait it out and not rush into things with him because he may not be the right one for me. thanks
  • Rate
  • Comment

Other Answers (8)

Rated Highest
  • Rated Highest
  • Oldest
  • Newest
  • ? answered 4 years ago
    married is just a word. its the feelings that the word implies that is important!
    my point is why do you have to get married?
    as you said you both love each other, that's the important thing.
    being single doesn't stop you going out. you don't get baned from the market, driving, restaurant's, etc.

oh and im not saying don't get married either. you should enjoy what you have with him and when hes ready he will ask you.
    • 1
    • Comment
  • peachcobbler answered 4 years ago
    you have had 8 years and he has had only several months. you have had time to heal and he is just beginning to heal. if you love him as much as you say, then allow him some time to go through whatever it is that he needs to go through. what is the rush? if you feel as though you can't wait, then you just need to break things off. the reason why so many marriages end in divorce other than money issues is the fact that people rush into marriage. people are so caught up with the idea of marriage that they don't really sit down and think things though.

i don't know you or why you and your first husband got a divorce and that really doesn't matter but i can tell you this much. if you and he had prepared at least 100 questions to ask each other, you probably would have found out that the two of you were not mean to be together and marry. people forget to ask the important questions, why? because everybody is sooooo in love and in love with the whole idea of love and in love with the idea of getting married. so take your time with this one and communicate with this man in your life.
    • 1
    • Comment
  • skye answered 4 years ago
    you get married when ever you are ready!!!! you cant make him propose but y aif ur ready go fr it
    • 1
    • Comment
  • american reject answered 4 years ago
    listen if you really love him and he loves u then ring or no ring is gonna changes that...... im not even divorced yet and my wife is already engaged and i still havent even started dating yet..... if all u want is a ring then go get one.... u dont need that stupid piece of paper you already threw away once to prove anything.... and i bet he feels the same way.......
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • iyamacog answered 4 years ago
    Do you recall how you felt after only 9 months after your divorce??? You have 8 years behind you. He doesn't even have a full year. I would expect he'd be gun shy. HOWEVER, what kind of communication do you have going on between you both? What kind of discussions have you had? Do you discuss your future together? Surely you've hit on the subject...........♥♥
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • ? answered 4 years ago
    i put a time limit on my relationship, if you can move in with me and act like married couples do then i would say lets do this. if they don't feel that there ready at this time then i would move on wit my life
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • ? answered 4 years ago
    probably should have thought of that before you hooked up with a man who was married and going through a divorce, not a good place to hang your hopes of holy matrimony
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Linds answered 4 years ago
    I think it varies for different people. My sister was married to her ex for almost 10 years. They were separated when she met her boyfriend and they dated for almost 2 years before they got married.

Some people probably said that she started dating too soon, but you know what-She's happy and that's all that matters.

If you are concern talk to your boyfriend about it. See where he stands. None of us on here can give you an answer because we don't know you or your boyfriend. None of us can say yes he is ready or no he isn't. Only he can. See where he stands.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Sign In 

to add your answer

Who is following this question?

%
    BEST ANSWERS
    Member Since:
    Points: Points: Level
    Total Answers:
    Points this week:
    Follow

Unfollow

Block

Unblock