What do you feel is the appropriate punishment for the students who secretly videotapped a fellow Rutgers?

student having sex?

Favorite Answer

First they should be expelled from Rutgers University. And then as a deterrent for others who might be tempted to do this themselves, they should serve the full five years in prison that is the penalty for their crime...broadcasting/viewing someone else's sexual activity without permission. After that, well society itself will punish them. Remember, that this story has gone all around the world...and that story included their names and their pictures. Their families and their friends (assuming they have any left) all know what a shameful thing they have done in violating their friend's privacy...and so will all their future employers. They will be lucky to get a job at McDonald's after this...mind you, considering how unethical the stock market is, they might end up there. Good luck and God bless.

What they did to the two people videotaped was despicable.

The laws do not accommodate my suggestion as to the appropriate punishment.

The two perpetrators should be required to serve as virtual slaves for the rest of their lives to the parents and family of the man who killed himself. They did not murder the young man, but they were so abusive that his suicide may be regarded for sentencing purposes as their guilt - in my opinion. If I were king, the sentence would be that they must spend their lives making up for the suicide that they so surely inspired.

I suspect that the perpetrators have had not one moment of peace since hearing the news of what their outrageously foolish, thoughtless inconsiderate actions inspired. In truth I pity them, and I pray for their spiritual and psychological well-being, both of which I believe will require that they admit to the full gravity of their abusive actions. I pray also for peace among the young dead man's family.

The maximum penalty for invasion of privacy and / or any applicable penalties for the distribution of pornography that may apply. However, something tells me we are not getting the entire story behind this tragic practical joke gone wrong. ie, 2 people did the taping, 1 person committed suicide, is there a connection between the 4th person and the "tapers"?

Unlike almost 50% of Americans, I voted So I am being taxed WITH representation

I wish there was a law that would put those idiots in prison for 10 years.

@__: I hope someone videotapes it too!

Name and Shame

Have them stand up before the whole school and be punished with like a detention

What ever the local laws are against invasion of privacy.

This is not a hate crime, regardless of what that loon lawyer is pushing for. This kid had other issues going on that made him unstable- I'm sure they will come out during the continued media coverage. People who commit suicide are cowards and this kid is no different.

Molly Wei should become an exotic dancer and give me a lap dance. The Indian guy should just move to India and be successful over there. As a fellow indian, we're the only ones that won't treat him like an outcast. They're both going to jail but that Molly is pretty cute.

i think they deserve to go to jail. that is a total invasion of privacy. i mean, i don't support what he did, but he can't help what he is and it's no one's business.

Jail. Lets see if they enjoy everyone watching them get butt raped in the showers. Karma is a *****.