worst concert you have been to?

what concert was the worst musical and which performer had the least energy

bq: what was the best concert you have been to

wow you got to see stevie ray vaughan thats cool i wasnt born back then wish i was and i saw built to spill this summer they opened for the kings of leon i thought they were roadies

Favorite Answer

The Kinks in 1980. They were touring to support their "One For The Road" live album and were so contrived, that Ray Davies even made the same cheesey remarks between songs as he did on the album. The whole band sucked. I wanted my money back. Rivaled only by Madonna's lip syncing at the MGM Grand Garden in 2004.

BQ: Stevie Ray Vaughan at the Warfield in 1984.

Worst was Dan Fogelberg in 1982. He was riding the success of "Longer" (which was easily his WORST song...in fact, it's so bad, it qualified as his top two worst songs) and playing a venue that's not really suited to folk rockers (or else he wasn't used to being a folk-rocker in front of an arena rock crowd). He insisted that everyone keep quiet during the aforementioned "Longer" and he lost me right then and there. I'm sorry the guy died a couple of years ago, but if he was going to insist on people being quiet during a song, it should've been "There's a Place in the World for a Gambler." Come to think of it, that's such a great song nobody would have made a sound!

Best rock concert was the BoDeans in 1988. I saw them on my birthday with a crowd that loved them, and they gave that love right back.

• alissa

Robert Plant and Alison Krauss. I didn't like their album together. I almost fell asleep, lol. The best concert I've ever been to would probably be Mindless Self Indulgence. I don't listen to them much anymore, but if they came to Nashville I'd probably go see them again because they put on such a fun show.

And I'm going to see Roger Waters this month which should be AWESOME.

• Ami

worst: I was forced to stay through All Time Low's set during warped tour 2009 with some of my friends. Screaming fan girls everywhere freaking out. I don't know any of their songs, I definitely did not enjoy myself. And all the 10 year olds around me stepping on my feet wasn't too fun either.

best: Envy on the coast this past August. It was on of their final shows (they've broken up now) and it was in this place called The Middle East in Cambridge, it was super sketchy in there (I'm 15 haha) but the crowd was so sick and everyone was loving it.

Another best: Pierce The Veil at warped tour this summer. They were wicked into it and I was right up front against the barrier, greatest day ever. Plus they sound just as good live as they do on the albums, it's unreal.

Steppenwolf at the Edmond Town Hall in the late seventies. The band showed up two hours late without John Kay and initially refused to play because no beer was supplied.

Bq: Paul McCartney in Boston in 2004. It was perfect.

Pink Floyd 1995. It was just so boring! Loads of backing musicians and singers, you couldn't make out where Gilmour, Wright and Mason were in the crowd. No improvisation either, might as well have stayed home and listened to the album. Don't get me wrong it wasn't bad just dull.

BQ: Probably Queen, they were the complete opposite of the above.

wrost is probably Built to Spill because it was so smokey and whatnot in the venue, still pretty good though.

The best concert was either Tally Hall, a relatively unknown band fron ann arbor, or Paul McCartney in 2008.

of course, in November I am going to Roger Waters' The Wall, so ill get back to you on this.

• zamor

i assume it may ought to be the infamous Rolling Stones stay overall performance at Altamont. besides the reality that the music grew to become into large all day, because it have been given dark the temper went south- the Hells Angels (stay overall performance protection) clashed persistently with the team on the front of the degree, inflicting repeated interruptions interior the performances. via the time the Stones got here on the region grew to become into quite frenzied; each and every jiffy we had to returned up numerous ft as a results of fact the Angels waded into the team swinging pool cues, then we could all circulate returned up till the subsequent incident. We found out day after immediately that a infant (17 yrs previous) from my extreme college have been killed. From a musical viewpoint, it grew to become into remarkable, yet as an adventure it grew to become into very unsightly.

Jonas Brothers, dude I was surrounded by 48937498 screaming 10 year olds. I was 15 and it was a weird time in my life give me a break -_- Haha anyways I haven't been to a concert that had amazing energy. I was supposed to see KISS twice this year with my Dad but it sold out too quickly. That would have been the best one ever!

Lmao .. I've been to a Jonas Brothers concert.

I went with my 2 cousins who are both 8 yrs old.

It was HORRIBLE. They couldn't sing or play their instrument and they did some pretty gay stuff. And the fans were even worse crying and saying "I love you Joeeeeeeeee"

Best: Is probably Green Day.

Say what you like about them, they put on an amazing and fun concert.

They get the people involved.