?
? asked in Dining OutFast Food · 9 years ago

Are Hardees and Carl's Jr the same thing and why the two names if they are?

Since ditching my cable I find that I get broadcast stations from Arkansas and I notice that they have ads for a fast food place called Hardees but the ads are the exact same as Carl's Jr ads with the same food and the same voice-over guy. Are Hardees and Carl's Jr the same thing and why is it called Hardees in Arkansas?

• A
    Best Answer

At one point, the two were separate companies. When they merger the best idea is to keep the two as separate entities because of their market share. Hardees has the East Coast and the South, while Carl's Jr holds down the West Coast.

It easier for Hardees to buy and keep the name Carl's because Carl's is already established itself on the west coast. Its a recognizable, established brand. If Hardees were to name all their restaurants name to "Hardee's" on the west coast then they would have to start all over in the branding dept and may lose sales as customers maybe unfamiliar with the name Hardee's and their food.

It would be the same idea as White Castle and Krystals. Today both are two different companies but if they'd happen to merge I suspect both will keep their name. White Castle is already established up North while Krystals is recognizable down South. Naming all the restaurants Krystals will have an effect because of branding. Customers up north aren't familiar with the name Krystals.

Source(s): Heres a map of Carl's Jr and Hardee's market share. Both companies are slip down the middle. East Coast/South Hardees and West Coast Carls. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:CarlsJrHardeesLo... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hardee's http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carl's_Jr.

Carls Jr Hardees

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Since ditching my cable I find that I get broadcast stations from Arkansas and I notice that they have ads for a fast food place called Hardees but the ads are the exact same as Carl's Jr ads with the same food and the same voice-over guy. Are Hardees and Carl's Jr the same thing and why is...

Source(s): hardees carl 39 jr names are: https://tr.im/VOoRh

Carl's Jr. owns Hardee's. But they are are separate places. They have same of the same menu, but some of the menu is different. I like the Famous Star at Carl's Jr., but they don't have those at Hardee's. They have some awesome chicken strips at Hardee's, but they don't have those at Carl's Jr.

Carl's Jr. is primarily located in the western half of the country, while Hardee's is in the eastern half.

• Linda

2

Carl's bought out Hardees, Carl's in the west Hardees in the east

The reason that person thinks he's German is cuz his name is something in German. Anyway I live in SC & they're called Hardee's here. I always wondered that too cuz I noticed they had the same star logo, but that's actually fairly new in the last few yrs here. But I've seen some Hardee's that say Red Burrito on the sign on building-now what's up w/that?!!

Hardees is mostly a southern restaurant, and Carl's Jr. is mostly a west coast restaurant. Over 10 years ago, Carl's Jr. bought Hardees (or the other way around) so they are one company.

Yes. Why does that girl think you are German? Hardee's is a southern thing and CJ is a northern and western thing. I think here in the south eating "hardy" means eating healthily, while other places might consider hardy over-eating. They do to have the famous star at Hardee's. I worked there for about 3 years.

Source(s): worked at Hardee's

Because they are retarded. Hardees are up here in the frozen Northland too. I've been to both and while the food isn't bad the prices blow balls.

Source(s): My taste buds.