Ohio - Neil Young. This is considered an anti-war song, right?

Favorite Answer

Absolutely a powerful one at that! It's about the National Guard opening fire with live ammo on anti-war protesters on the campus of Kent State University in Ohio in the late 60's. The government tried to quash the anti-war movement with increasing force.

They were protesting the Vietnam War peacefully, when the troops opened fire and killed four students.

"Four dead in O-hi-o." Nixon was President and took the hit for it.

This song and the photo of a wailing girl over the body of a dying victim rallied students and others like a flame to gasoline. The War could not survive the powerful effect of the musicians' voices.

Source(s): I was in Vietnam at the time. I read it in the papers my mother sent to me, and cried like a baby. I had a friend there.
  • jonz4

Yes. Four unarmed students were shot and killed by Ohio national guardsmen during an anti-war protest at Kent State University in 1970.

Source(s): Google Kent State shootings.