Anonymous

North Indians, Middle Eastern people, Southern Europeans and Mestizo Hispanics, do they look the same really?

I am a North Indian guy and I get mistaken for Hispanic quiet a lot, after that it is Middle Eastern and then Southern European. Anyways I notice it happens a lot with the women too. Now I am wondering, even living in a diverse area and going to different places, Hispanics have mixed me up for Hispanic and Middle Eastern people for Middle Eastern.

Of course people say they differentiate based on accents but living in the US, when you have an American accent, it becomes tougher to tell the difference. Even living in diverse areas I can't tell a North Indian from a Hispanic or a Southern European.

Anyways I was wondering, can you tell the difference in most cases?

Favorite Answer

All those people you mentioned are mixed at least to a certain degree.

Mestizos = Native Americans + Europeans + maybe some African

North Indians = Caucasians + Aboriginals + maybe some East Asian

Southern Europeans have mixed with Middle Easterners who in turn are already mixed.

Middle Easterners are mainly Semitic, Iranic, and Turkic.

Semitic = European + African

Iranic people used to be more white but became mixed with Turkic-Mongol people and South Asians.

Turkic people came from Mongolia but a lot of them became mixed with white people.

North Indians, Middle Eastern people, Mestizo & Hispanics I think look the same in some cases. I'm Middle Eastern and I get mistaken for Mestizo Hispanic a lot.

I don't think Hispanics and middle Easterners look the same at all.

Its so easy to tell the difference.

I've never mistaken an Indian for an Italian...they look CLEARLY distinct from each other.

It's natural for an Indian to be mistaken for Middle Eastern, since there was high levels of migration between the two regions, and they've influenced each other heavily for centuries.

None of the above groups look Hispanic, however, since there is no Hispanic look. Mestizo hispanics don't look anything remotely like Indians, and only occasionaly resemble south Europeans because most mestizos are mixed with southern european (spanish) blood to begin with.

I am a Indian but people always mistake me for a Hispanic.

I'm Mexican,and some of my family members look white,but yeah one of my bro's looks Middle Eastern.

• Middle Eastern + Southern Europians = they do kinda share the same features and look

North Indians are way darer though :S

Source(s): Arabic Girl ^^

True on many cases but there called different ethnicities for a reason.

...Techs?....

And to your question no, I don't think they look the same. I can tell them apart a lot of the time.

Yes it is true.

My family are all Italians (Sicilians), and we are all often mistaken for Hispanics.