when do roman catholics celebrate the blessing of the animals?

i know its this month.

Favorite Answer

In most parishes that do this, it's on the feast day of Saint Francis, which is October 4.

I can't post this as a link, but you can find more information at:

www.americancatholic.org

From that website I copied the following information:

At Franciscan churches, a friar with brown robe and white cord often welcomes each animal with a special prayer. The Blessing of Pets usually goes like this:

“Blessed are you, Lord God, maker of all living creatures. You called forth fish in the sea, birds in the air and animals on the land. You inspired St. Francis to call all of them his brothers and sisters. We ask you to bless this pet. By the power of your love, enable it to live according to your plan. May we always praise you for all your beauty in creation. Blessed are you, Lord our God, in all your creatures! Amen.”

In my opinion this is a good thing to do. Some say it is wrong to bring non-human animals into religious practice, but I think it can be only good to ask for a blessing for any of God's creation.

I am Roman Catholic.

Peace be with you - and your animal friends!

Source(s): www.americancatholic.org

In remembrance of Saint Francis Assisi

sorry i want to know when it is