? asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 9 years ago

Can anyone help me find this movie? I saw it on late night TV when I was young. I only remember the plot?

Two spaceships traveled to the edge of the universe to answer a distress call. The sun was all but dead, there were no living people (or anything else) on the planet. The first spaceship crashes. The second spaceship was damaged landing.

The crew of the second space ship split up some trying to repair the ship to return home and the others trying to find the first ship.

It turns out there is life on the planet. You can only see it as a glimpse of a light in the corner of your eye. When you look at it you cannot see it. These life forms are taking over the bodies of the dead astronauts.

The first crew hasn't caught on yet and a battle ensues between the first ship and the second ship. Many more are killed. Then some on the second ship figure it out and step up security while it is repaired.

They lift off and are returning to earth. One of the main male characters discovers in flight that he is the last living human on board and the rest are aliens. In an attempt to save Earth he destroys the meteor deflector killing himself.

The aliens lament there is no meteor deflector and that they wanted to go to Jupiter or Saturn but now have no choice but to land on the third planet (earth). The show ends with a warning that if you see something out of the corner of you eye but when you look it is gone, don't worry... it is them.

Any help finding the title is much appreciated.

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

This is what it sounds a lot like:

Planet of the Vampires (1965)

aka Demon Planet

aka Terrore nello spazio (original title)

starring Barry Sullivan, Norma Bengell, Ángel Aranda

IMDb synopsis:

In the near future the two spaceships Argos and Galliot are sent to investigate the mysterious planet Aura. As the Galliot lands on the planet her crew suddenly go berserk and attack each other. The strange event passes, but the crew soon discovers the crashed Argos - and learns that her crew died fighting each other! Investigating further, the explorers come to realize the existence of a race of bodiless aliens that seek to escape from their dying world.

NOTE: There is a lot of focus on the importance of the "meteor rejector" (a deflector). Near the end, the undamaged one has to be moved from the first ship to the one that followed it. Three people escape, but it's revealed that only one has not been possessed by the entities.

Here's Part 1 on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vt7PvTwYF3E

Youtube thumbnail

It very strongly influenced/inspired "Alien". The movie used to be aired as "Demon Planet". However, I'm seeing it show up more as "Planet of the Vampires", which is very misleading.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 3 years ago

the excellent 3 The 8 guy Kimba the White Lion Gigantor %. Racer Marine Boy Wait 'til Your Father gets abode Flintstones Rod Rocket Voltron (motor vehicle Voltron, no longer the 5 Lion Voltron) Transformers Robotech speedier teenager powerful Orbots

• 9 years ago

Star Trek?

• GFY!
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

It sounds like it could be a couple three movies, do you know about when it was made? That would help (me anyway) considerably.... I mean it could have been made anywhere from 1950 to 2010....

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.