? asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 10 years ago

Writing book; looking for name of location?

I'm writing a book and im looking for a location to base it off of instead of making up a fictional place. so i want it to be with lots of green, near the ocean, with mountains visible from the ocean and a rocky coastline. somewhere with flowers too. i have a picture so click ont the link. pleease just let me know of a real place like the one in the pictures.

Link:http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs15/f/2006/354/1/f/Our...

i also kindof want a place with lots of birch trees too! oh and thanks a bunch to those who answerd!

Favorite Answer

Stunning! That's a lovely photo, I can see why you want to set your story in a place like that. :)

I think anywhere around Vancouver, Canada would be a great choice, it's a stunning area with ocean, mountains, and greenery! Look for coastal towns in Washington, Oregon, or Northern California as well. Maine might also be a good choice.

Here's a few I found, that you could base your story in or around:

•Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. A large are that is truly beautiful!

•La Connor, Washington seems to fit the bill. Lovely tulip fields.

•Gold Beach, Oregon, beautiful pictures via google images.

•South Bristol, Maine, has a great view of the Atlantic and lots of woodsy areas.

•Lynden, Washington has some Dutch elements, but stunning with mountains and flowers.

•Munising, MI has the forests, water, and rocky coastline, but it's on Lake Superior, not an ocean. (I've been there before, there's great scenery. Water falls, beach, cliffs, etc. While your at it, maybe check out Mackinac Island. It's a stunning place, but doesn't exactly fit your description.)

I'm thinking locally, US and Canada, but I'm sure there's many other countries that have beautiful landscapes, like New Zealand, etc.

Good luck, hope I was able to help! :)

Kinda looks like Beach Forest in New Zealand. Surrounded by mountains and water.

Any small town in California coast line, along Pacific Coast Highway, Highway 101.

My favorite: Big Sur

Source(s): I am a writer. Drove along that coastline.

Somewhere in Ireland or Scotland maybe? Or Canada somewhere?