Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsRespiratory Diseases · 9 years ago

I cant breath at night and sometimes during the day?

For a while now, I've had this really bizarre sleeping problem. The very moment when I crossover from being awake to falling asleep, I completely stop breathing and violently wake up gasping for air. It feels like that "falling feeling" you get in bad dreams, only much more intense. sleep apnoea?

EDIT: I get these more than just once in the night could be 8-9 times?

Best Answer

Sounds like it to me, but I would see a doctor for sure.

http://www.sleepapnea.org/info/index.html

I have a friend who has the same problem. He has no problems breathing during waking hours. He has to use a special pump with a face mask. The pump is fairly expensive - about $3000 or so and is computer controlled monitoring his vital breathing rhythm. The pump is a box of about 10" long x 4" high x 5" wide or so. An air hose attaches from the pump to the face mask. I strongly suggest you consult a doctor immediately if you don't "want to find yourself deceased" some day.... sorry to put it that way. I know (t)his pump because I had to fix it twice already in a hurry in the last two years.

• Pedro

sleep apnea generally occurs when you are actually sleeping. it sounds like you have an anxiety problem. do you worry about everything? especially your health? your probably having a panic attack. no, you don't actually have to be worrying at the very moment you have an attack. does it feel like your drowning? like you forgot to breathe for a moment and all of the sudden your choking on nothing trying to get air? that sensation comes from your brain, not your body. you need to calm down and start meditating, exercising, and eat healthy.

you are okay.

• CRawl

It could be sleep apnea or a panic attack. I get panic attacks when I barely fall asleep and I'll wake up because it feels like my lungs aren't moving.