? asked in Cars & TransportationAircraft · 9 years ago

I need help identifying an unusual aircraft?

I saw it last night while I was going for an evening walk (around 10pm). I had my earphones in, listening to a rock song, when I hear this incredibly loud roaring. I take off my earphones and look up, and what I see is a massive, at-the-time ufo. It looked cigar shaped. It was flying at such an angle that each end of the "cigar" was stretched across from each other, and tipped with glaring red lights. The craft itself appeared black. It was kind of slow. I studied the craft until it flew out of sight, and the whole time I was watching it, I was unable to confirm what the front of the craft looked like. I thought I might have glimpsed a small nose at the front of the object, which would make the overall body plan of the entity similar in shape to a boomerang.

Any response or suggestions would be appreciated!

Favorite Answer

Without a more accurate description of the aircraft, it sounds like it could possibly been a B-1 Stealth Bomber, commonly called a Flying Wing. In flight, it is very similar to a boomerang, as you stated. You also didn't state how high you thought it might be. Are there any Air Force bases around your home town? It wouldn't really matter because of the range it can fly. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Source(s): Colonel, USAFR
  • Iceman

It is either a B-2 Bomber or an F-117 Nighthawk.

Not knowing where you are there are several suggestions:

-Vulcan bomber

-Black bird

-Northrop X216H

-Armstrong Whitworth A.W.52

-northrop YB-49

-B2 spirit

if its none of these mount an AA gun in your back garden and get ready for the invasion.

Source(s): RAF, Royal navy air defencce, nothing better to do.
  • jurney

Piaggio Avanti, no longer a secret agent airplane in any respect. only an Itallian made mild turboprop. they're fantastically user-friendly enterprise/own airplane. they're very quickly and efficient little planes, and suprisingly roomy interior. Sorry to assert it is not something specific.

That sounds like a military bomber. You can always visit www.flightaware.com and view the commercial aircraft flying in your area also.

Source(s): Life experience
  • ?

Probably a government aircraft

Sounds like a military plane.

B2 maybe?

Alien Invasion

Next time you see it, run like the wind!!

i have watched showes on the dic. chanel about simular air craft and they where beleved to be from another planet!?