Skateboard Bearings Help?

I'm looking into purchasing some new bearings for my street skateboard and wondered not only what brand, but what type of bearing is best. I don't really want to spend over £15 as I know they can get ruined quite quickly, and on scouring the web the words 'Bones Red' have been used quite frequently for my price range. Recently my mate got some Nylon Cage type bearings stating these can be more reliable than your more common ball bearing style ones. Basically I want to know if Bones are actually the best company for my price range and which 'type' of bearing is best to go for...

Best Answer

As a skater i suggest reds bones. I've had mine for over 9 months and they are just as fast as they were when i first bought them and best of all they are 15 bucks. It's worth it

Bones reds or lucky 7. Bonesbearings are reliable. If you ever get the money get Bones Swiss.

Just never go for bearings that say ABEC 1. I usually go for 5's.

Source(s): Just get anything Bones really.

Brands does not matter. Just get an abec 5 or abec 7 w/ removable shields so you can clean it and grease it up when it no longer spins smoothly. I had a abec5 powell mini logo bearings w/ removable shields and im still using it for more than a year.

Source(s): Skater for 10 years and counting.

bones reds