Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw Enforcement & Police · 1 decade ago

in the state of TEXAS?

how old do you have to be to move out of your fathers home?

i am 17 and he is moving soon and my only options are to move with him out of the country or move back in with my mom which is not the best decission.

me and my mother do not get along and i do not want to move out of the country at all.

i live in the state of TEXAS.

how old would i have to be to move out?

i will also be 17 in october.

Update:

would i have to ask my mother to move out? or is even up to her. i am not emancipated.

but once i turn 17 is it up to her?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Chet
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

You will need your moms consent to move out. With consent then at 15 you can move out. But without it then you have to be 18.

Sec. 22.041. ABANDONING OR ENDANGERING CHILD. (a) In this section, "abandon" means to leave a child in any place without providing reasonable and necessary care for the child, under circumstances under which no reasonable, similarly situated adult would leave a child of that age and ability.

(b) A person commits an offense if, having custody, care, or control of a child younger than 15 years, he intentionally abandons the child in any place under circumstances that expose the child to an unreasonable risk of harm.

Sec. 31.001. REQUIREMENTS. (a) A minor may petition to have the disabilities of minority removed for limited or general purposes if the minor is:

(1) a resident of this state;

(2) 17 years of age, or at least 16 years of age and living separate and apart from the minor's parents, managing conservator, or guardian; and

(3) self-supporting and managing the minor's own financial affairs.

(b) A minor may file suit under this chapter in the minor's own name. The minor need not be represented by next friend.

• WRG
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

If you father moves before you are 18 without having you move back with your mother or some other responsible adult that is child abandonment.

• 1 decade ago

No...i live in texas im pretty sure you can move out at 17. But moving out meaning you having to claim yourslef as independant and you have to be completly idependant. not worth it if your not ready

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.