Abuse in Foster Homes?

How common is this? Percentage wise?

I came across a website that listed abuse cases in foster homes and was shocked by the pages and pages and pages of incidents, many of which were lethal.

It breaks my heart. Is this a common occurrence?
Update 2: I laid in bed for 2 hours last night reading this and crying when I should have been sleeping. (A friend of mine has 2 children who were sexually abused at the West Covina masonic home for children in the late 70's- early 80's (there were several children and criminal charges) and that's how I came... show more I laid in bed for 2 hours last night reading this and crying when I should have been sleeping. (A friend of mine has 2 children who were sexually abused at the West Covina masonic home for children in the late 70's- early 80's (there were several children and criminal charges) and that's how I came across it.) I knew it happened, I just wasn't aware that it happened this often. Heartbreaking. It makes me want to hug my babies and never let them go.