Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicCelebrities · 10 years ago

What ever happened to real music?

All the real music right now sucks. All American music is all crappy rap music and the only music people consider popular is crappy korean pop music which they copy from crappy American music. I know its not plagiarism but I'm sick and tired of hearing the same crap over and over again. I'm sick and tired of music called SUJU or Justin Beiber. Those Korean pop band just looks like a male version of Britney Spear. I miss real music like Nirvana or Michael Jackson. Whatever happened to those kind of music. I'm sick and tired of hearing crap music called kpop.

Actually my parents listen to Michael Jackson. My uncles listen to Nirvana so HA!

• b
    Favorite Answer

Yeah, me, too. I'm more into "obscure" or "indie" bands/music as they may call it, so I have found a fair share of some good bands. There is good music out, but they're usually just not as mainstream. Those popular bands are popular for a reason.. people around the world enjoy it. Everyone's got different music tastes, but I still can't really listen to that stuff - Ke$ha, Justin Bieber, and those other ones all the kids are listening to. I wouldn't dare even look at the iTunes Top Songs list, all of those songs sound dreadful in my ears. I've never really heard any of those K-Pop bands, but I'm sure they can't be any better if they sound like a "male version of Britney Spears".

Anyway, good music is out there, you've just got to find it.. stay away from the crappy Pop music if you don't like it,

I think a better question would be: What happened to originality in the music industry? To me, everything sounds the same. Same beat, same lyrics. In the 70s and 80s, there was a greater variety of topics and styles in the music.

Times have changed and this generation of teens seem to want a certain about of "dance" music. That's what's popular. That's what sells so that's what artists are making. It's like they don't have passion for music. They just want to make money or be famous.

Our expectations are really high because of the artists that have been and set the trends. Today's artists fall short of the bar maybe because they lack the talent.

You can always ignore what you don't want to hear, so there's no need in bitching around the "new music." If you want to listen to the old music, listen to it, nobody is telling you that you had to listen to the mainstream. I really like mainstream and I don't like old music, or what you call "real" music, such as Nirvana. Everybody has different tastes and you need to learn to respect that. Even though I don't like old music, I don't call Nirvana crappy or anyone who listens to it a tasteless whore.

Things change, I could say the same about the classical music - what happened to that, why aren't kids rocking out to that kind of music, why aren't you? There's your answer.

Also this world is corrupted, so yeah.

So...you're in basic terms asking why lyrics are undesirable? the internet supplies us distinctive extra possibilities to discover solid music in at present's worldwide. attempt finding! do no longer in basic terms whinge approximately mainstream stuff.

• Baby

it depends on what you call music....Well rap is pretty much dead.. but there's still good music, Greenday aint bad and oh have you heard 1901 by phoenix? it's kinnda old but it's good..how 'bout we used to be friends by the dandy warhols or L.S.F. by kasabian or that great love sound by the raveonettes...listen to these, they aint new but you lookin for good music right?? plz give me feedback and tell me if you like any of them.

Source(s): meeee....
  • K~WOO

It's all relative. It's only crap to your ears. Your parents likely said the same thing about your music.

I totally agree. Most music now is manufactured anyhoo.

I may be 14 and i should love new music, but i hate it.

All i listen to is music of the past

btw, i love nirvana and i worship MJ !

Underground songs...

^^^ Listen to some of that...

Simple

corporate radio killed real music... if it isn't crap like Ke$ha or Lil Wayne, it's drivel like Nickelback or Green Day...

silversun pickups, queens of the stone age, them crooked vultures, modest mouse. my favorite bands . oh yea , the dead weather .