Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Did you go to see those corny Elvis movies? How about Frankie and Annette beach flicks?

16 Answers

Relevance
  • Laredo
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Yes I did go to see every Elvis movie, although they seemed to have the same storyline but were set in different places each time. I enjoyed the songs more then the story lines. I also saw Frankie Avalon and Annette films, mainly for the clothes that the girls wore in the films. We used to have a look at the clothes and then try and make them ourselves so that we were 'in fashion' with the stars from Hollywood.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I've never seen an Annette/Frankie movie. My first Elvis movie was Girl Happy and I remembered each scene and all the dialogue for months, because we didn't get to see too many movies. I saw another one a few years later, Hawaii something-or-other with a new BFF whose name I can't remember and we spent almost the whole movie smoking in the girls' room.

• ?
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

I too, like Conans Owner, went to see them for the songs only - but was mightily disappointed to see he]im singing 'Where do you come from' to a six year old girl! Destroyed the image given with the record a bit for me.

Frankie & Annette films Ive never heard of, so looked them up, it appears the films were originally intended as a low-budget imitation of both the Elvis Presley musical and the Doris Day bedroom farce, aimed at the teen market, but they ended up taking on a life of their own.

Cheers.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I enjoyed Elvis' films for the singing but his acting prowess left a lot to be desired.

Never saw a Frankie and Annette film.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

I was an Elvis fanatic and bought every record on the day of release.

But only HALF enjoyed Love me tender, King Creole, Jailhouse Rock and GI Blues.

I'm sure it was the main cause of his career going into decline - this ill-advised venture into 'film-making' - churning out one ropey film after another.

The unscrupulous Col Parker seemed to prefer to get his % take on a stream of poorly acted but 'bankable' movies of indifferent quality. The nadir was some travesty called Flaming Arrow - or whatever - so even though many die-hards flocked to see Blue Hawaii, Viva Las Vegas etc - I baled out - and imo even the music died.

It was all very sad - no-one wants to witness their heroes die the death of a 1000 cuts. His 'come-back' was of course 'back on stage' - but I reckon the damage, loss of direction (and a unique talent) was due to many 2nd rate movies.

He really should have stuck with what he was good at.

• Dinah
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Saw enough of one Elvis movie to get the gist and quit. So sad, such an inept production. Read later that he memorized everybody's lines, not just his. Nope, Frankie and Annette movies were too vanilla.

• jonds
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

I can't watch Elvis in anything. I did think Annette was sweet.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I saw many of the Elvis, never saw the beach parties.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I saw all the movies of Elvis and I bought all dvds because I am an fan unconditional.

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

sure, I enjoyed them and nevertheless watch whilst they're on. that they had such exciting situations on the sea coast and that i cherished the songs. i think of it could have been exciting to be Annette (Frankie became a cutie), yet she on no account appeared to get her hair moist. LOL---Luvs

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.