Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Elijah asked in TravelUnited StatesDetroit · 1 decade ago

Does Dearborn, MI have the largest population of Muslims in the country, or just in Michigan?

...Or just in like..the mid-west? ...just curious because I live in Ann Arbor and I thought that Ann Arbor had a lot of muslims but when I heard about Dearborn I was like wow I had no idea they had that big of a muslim population.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • poodle
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

according to the US Census Wayne, Oakland and Macomb county combined have the highest concentration of Arab-American population (403,000). The next highest is Los Angeles (308,000) NY (230,000) followed by Illinois and DC

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

Population Of Dearborn Michigan

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

Muslim Population In Dearborn Mi

• 1 decade ago

they have about 40,000 arabs there with the next largest groups being the germans with 13,000 the polish with 11,000 and the irish with 10,000

now thats a huge difference with 40,000 compared to 13,000 and 38.7% of the population is arab there

even the stores and bakeries and markets have arabic writing on them but you have to keep in mind dearborn is huge and theres a highly denses arab part of it

ann arbors largest group is actually the germans with 22,000 people and then the english with 14,000 and then the irish with 12,000

theres only about 2,000 arabs in ann arbor but the most you probably see are students

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • ?
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

There are a lot of Arabic people in the Detroit metropolitan area, but they're not all Muslims. There is a significant Chaldean (Iraqi Christian) population as well.

• 1 decade ago

I live in dearborn....and all i can say is that WE OWN IT...just kidding but there r LOTZ!!.....but we r very nice people...i mean if ur thinking living in dearborn is bad because of us...its not. Different people like to hang wit us..."people in skool got along wit us very \well"!!....:):)

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.