why is the rebel flag (the confederate) affence to black people?

my friend wore this dixie outfitters shrit 2 school and she got wrote up 2 the offece for affending others What The Heck

Best Answer

It is (and honey I am not a southerner) because Northerners have ruined the meaning of the Confederate flag. It has come to mean "pro slavery" in the minds of uneducated people (of all races) because the North wanted people to be mislead. The Confederate flag for anyone who knows has NOTHING to do with racism or pro slavery. The pro slavery flag was a yellow flag with a rattlesnake that said "don't tread on me". Unfortunately, I see Americans (here in the North) flying that yellow flag with NO idea of what its true meaning is.

It's nothing more than people being miseducated.

btw *Offended

and *offIce

Source(s): I like learning history

The Stars and Bars was a Battle flag, nothing more nothing less.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flags_of_the_Confeder...

The Gadsden flag (Don't Tread On Me) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gadsden_flag is NOT a symbol of Pro Slavery as the idiot Voyageur says.

I'm not a Tea Party supporter and have flown the Gadsden flag for years

I cant understand why people are so offended by certain flags, like the kids being suspended in California for wearing the Stars and Stripes to school on Cinco de Mayo, but I can understand the highly liberal school flunkies for wanting PC above all else.

• galaz

I grew up in the south and am black. The accomplice flag is a representation of the south...that's never going to alter. It does not propose it is racist under contemporary situations, notwithstanding, it has a history that's interwined with racism. so which you have a option to make, you are able to the two stay in the previous or stay in the present. I undersatnd why it is probably no longer in State homes or courtroom homes with the aid of its history yet while a guy or woman desires to have it on their sources or their truck or regardless of, that's their acceptable and that i've got not got a concern with that. it is like as we communicate you notice human beings of all races jogging around with the great iron bypass that the nazi's used to positioned on and fly, yet that ensignia is a factor of the West Coast Chopper brand, it is a cycling image that's used for all sorts of crapthat have not have been given something to do with nazis. Are we going to arise and hands on each and every occasion we see somebody with that brand on theri truck. specific it is genuine you will discover many racists who will undertake the insurrection flag as their image yet you are going to would desire to the thank you to apply some discretion at contemporary on those subject concerns.

• Max K

Although it represents different things to different people, it does carry a negative meaning as to its representation of racism in the south. For this reason I think people should not wear it in public. Watch the movie Mississippi Burning and you may change your mind.

confederates wanted slavery and the flag is considered to be sort of a pro slave sort of thing. and that the tea par tiers are trying to use it as a way to say like immigrants get out and a whole bunch of crap which is offensive to a lot of people

• JayJay

It doesnt offend me. I honestly dont care its just a piece of cloth connected to a pole..I guess the school cares though.

It represented racism in the south.