Lv 5
... asked in Pregnancy & ParentingAdolescent · 10 years ago

Does anyone else find the Mona Lisa painting a little creepy?

It feels as though the Mona Lisa's eyes are following you. :S

Update:

I mean, it's a good painting but still...good paintings can be creepy too. O_o

15 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

well that's never good. o.O

• Login to reply the answers
  • 3 years ago

Mona Lisa Scary

• windy
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

Mona Lisa has no eyebrows on condition that became a demonstration of upperclass-actually NO facial hair; they even plucked the hair line back slightly because of the fact a common hair line appeared to neanderthal. As for her smile: all the porttraits of an identical time in no way confirmed any emotion. Mona Lisa became that first toddler step into the enamel exhibiting smiles all of us comprehend now. Mona Lisa isn't a self-portrait of Leonardo its basically his style of portray...in case you comprehend every physique who creates artwork-seem ask them to entice a face and you will in all possibility see a resemblance between that face and the artist's. it basically proves that the superb form is the artist themselves. yet another rationalization why Mona Lisa is so known is by using the fact Leonardo basically actually finished 7-8 artwork and, definite, he did carry Mano Lisa around.

• Faith
    Lv 7
    10 years ago

lol yes

I was lucky enough to go to France & see the real thing too. It still creeped me out. It looked so small. I guess because it was the original and other copies are larger.

I think since the eyes do seem to follow you is one of the many reasons it is so well known.

Also it is rumored that it was a self portrait of the painter - Leonardo Da Vinci yes it is a man which is why it is such an odd rumor. But when I look at it I remember that rumor which makes it more creepy.

Source(s): homeschooling mom of 3 link about the rumor - http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/01/27/mona-lisa...
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Lol, yeah that smile she has is like a smile of saying "I know something that you don't that you wished to know but you never will because only I know it."

Creept smile lol.

But to answer Michael, Mona Lisa is mainly famous because she withstand time its a very old painting and it was done by a famous mysterious man and many believes conspiracy surrounds the pictures. Basically making it famous...for being famous. Hopefully if humanity lives someone is still going to ask that "why?" question in a few hundred years.

• 10 years ago

In any "old" picture like that i feel that way!!the blue boy isn't that bad but geez the scream and Mona Lisa just creep me out. She is popular because she has a smile but i can barely see it.scientist keep asking questions about her and i feel like saying "who cares? maybe we will never know i like secrets and surprises."

hoped i helped=)

Source(s): me
  • 10 years ago

I like creepy paintings.

• Moi
    Lv 7
    10 years ago

Not creepy but just not as attractive as the critics make her out to be.

• 6 years ago

That is one of the reasons that the painting's famous. Because at whichever angle you look at it, her eyes are on you.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

Ditto.

• 10 years ago

It totally does that! i think it was made that way, but it's still creepy...

Source(s): personal experience
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.